Phantom 1 Constantly flashes amber.

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I purchased a used P1 last year sometime and really have not flown it much at all. Sort of an impulse buy..

It did fly and worked for the most part perfectly last time I fly it. So I took it out on a nice day and decided it was time to fly again.

Battery was charged, and I went to launch and all I got was amber flashes.. Dang..

Took it home and read up and checked out the TX and everything seems fine but I am unable to get past the amber flashing.

I really would like some help if anyone could point me in the right direction.. I think I need to just start all over as for the software and stuff since I did it when I first bought it and really don't know if its updated or not..

anyone willing to shoot me some back to basics first fly processes?

Thanks.

Bill

Hello Billiam,

Quick flashing amber means the drone don't see any RC.

Try this:
1 - POWER ON your RC, check RC battery before :)
2 - POWER ON your drone,
3 - CONNECT your drone on a USB 2 PORT (not USB 3) on your PC,
4 - Assuming you are working on a Windows PC, check if COM port named: "DJI USB Virtual COM" goes up when you plug the USB cable.
If not, you need to reinstall DJI Naza-M driver. On Windows, you must allow the installation of unsigned drivers before doing this installation.
5 - Run DJI NAZA Assistant, the last version is 2.40
If all is OK, you would get this screen:
NAZA-HOME.jpg

If a popup about a new firmware version is showed, ignore it and click EXIT.
If channel A, E, T, and R aren't green, or cursor don't move when you move RC joysticks, it means your RC is not linked with the aircraft. You need to rebind your RC. Search on Youtube how to do. It's very simple, but you will open the shell, to reach the little button on the radio receiver located in the drone.
Here are some youtube links:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31