Phantom 1.1.1 increases RPM by itself

Reaction score
So I had the 1.1.1 on the table tonight just checking things out and getting a feel for stuff and I had it firmly locked down to the table.

Started the motors and it sat there running at the default medium idle speed perfectly.
Then I raised the throttle to about 3/4 and backed it off to idle.

After a few seconds it begins raising the RPM's by itself. I did not move it one inch so I'm wondering why it does that?

I've done some Google searching and it seems this is a pretty common thing so no worries. But is there an explanation for it? IOC is set to ON. S1 (left switch) set to Off. S2 set to ATTI 1 or ATTI 2

First, It's trying to maintain it's position in space. Second, if you leave it long enough without any control input, it will execute RTH. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Aren't you glad you didn't have the props on?

http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html

First, It's trying to maintain it's position in space. Second, if you leave it long enough without any control input, it will execute RTH. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Aren't you glad you didn't have the props on?

http://www.wynotweb.com/Bad_Phantom.html

But...but...I DID have the props on :eek:

But I had it secured to the table just in case it pulled a sneaky. And it did.

But if I turned it on and never moved it, why would it try to go anywhere at all?
If it never moved one inch, wouldn't THAT be the home position?

Just when I thought it was safe to fly.....I realize I'm 3 beans short of a ready to fly salad <sigh>

LOL, Ok, if you're going to be one of those "FUN TO WATCH" kinda pilots, ya gotta start taking video of the stuff you do.

Naw, you got enough beans.

Go check out that page, it might be of some help. There are a few threads from earlier this year discussing the hazards of idling. It's not an engine controlled by a throttle, it's motors controlled by the NAZA module. It's thinking for you and you have to know how it thinks to make it work for you instead of against you.

GPS signals vary slightly and our NAZA isn't the top of the line controller. That's why it wanders, and the RTH thing too.

Props on motors and battery plugged in is a really bad idea while inside a building. Lucky for you the anchor held.

I'm laughing...

Reactions: JKDSensei
lol.
Good way to think about it.
Thanks man. I'll be sure to get that video of the first flight,.... and the hole in the side of the barn.... and me looking like this.....thinking to myself....WTF?????
iStock_000010665240Small.jpg

Reactions: IflyinWY
So I had the 1.1.1 on the table tonight just checking things out and getting a feel for stuff and I had it firmly locked down to the table.

Started the motors and it sat there running at the default medium idle speed perfectly.
Then I raised the throttle to about 3/4 and backed it off to idle.

After a few seconds it begins raising the RPM's by itself. I did not move it one inch so I'm wondering why it does that?

I've done some Google searching and it seems this is a pretty common thing so no worries. But is there an explanation for it? IOC is set to ON. S1 (left switch) set to Off. S2 set to ATTI 1 or ATTI 2
Your left switch is S2....your right switch is S1. On the S1 you can have top as GPS....middle as ATTI...and the bottom as RTH return to home (suggested) or manual.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik