Ph3 Battery

Reaction score
I have just bought a phantom 3 battery new when it arrived tried to turn it on it only had one green light on and it only flashed 3 times and battery went off, so I put it on charge and all it did was red flashes on now and again + one green light flashes 3 times and goes off this is repeated every few seconds, I have also noticed that on one side of the battery there is ever so site puffing now I'm at my wits end what to do next

Attachments

• 20201206_125845.jpg
    20201206_125845.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 191
I have just bought a phantom 3 battery new when it arrived tried to turn it on it only had one green light on and it only flashed 3 times and battery went off, so I put it on charge and all it did was red flashes on now and again + one green light flashes 3 times and goes off this is repeated every few seconds, I have also noticed that on one side of the battery there is ever so site puffing now I'm at my wits end what to do next
send it back

I had similar issues with one I purchased from Target. They were on close-out for $75. It was just old and in storage for too long. Manufactured in 2015 I think.

Just send it back.

Is it true that DJI is no longer selling batteries for the Phantom 3? If so, I would think it might be safer to buy off brand batteries with a good rating because DJI batteries might be old.

It's not a genuine dji battery not sure of the make but it is new
The make of the battery is powerextra , replacement battery came today plugged it in started to charge straight away the first battery must have been faulty

Ok, good, luck with it. I have heard good things about Powerextra and they work well if your firmware version allows them.
The only complaint I have heard about that brand is its a really tight fit in the aircraft. I will be looking into purchasing
that brand myself. Thanks for the reply..

Reactions: Brooke
Ok, good, luck with it. I have heard good things about Powerextra and they work well if your firmware version allows them.
The only complaint I have heard about that brand is its a really tight fit in the aircraft. I will be looking into purchasing
that brand myself. Thanks for the reply.

that brand myself. Thanks for the reply..
Tried it in my drone fitted the same as the original battery, thanks for your help take care stay safe and have a merry Christmas

Discharge battery in drone to 30 percent then try and charge or toss it it could blow if it gets hot

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic