Performance issues with prop guards.

Reaction score
Hey gang - Grandpa here. Flying RC for a long time I have been able to move in comfortably to the Phanton Vision. Just because :D I put prop guards on. I have have not noticed any real performance issues with them. I would be comfortable taking them off if I was going to see better performance, speed, etc. Any suggestions?

I only have one flight with them removed but I do like it better. It does seem more responsive and easier to maneuver. I just hand catch now with them off.

If you haven't noticed any difference, then you already have your answer.

I tested my FC40 phantom both with and without prop guards on repeated identical flights. My results were an improvement of 11% in flight time per battery by removing prop guards. Also, my videos seemed more steady without prop guards, but this was harder to accurately check.

I have had prop guards on mine from day one. I have no problems. I'm sure if you want the best performance don't use the guards. I got my Phantom for stable flight and to do some video. If I wanted a fast stunt aircraft, I would have not bought the Phantom. I have fixed wing aircraft for that. I will say the guards have saved my props many times when landing on unlevel ground. They tip over easily. Still on original props since April 2014.

Thanks everyone - I do not need speed. I want easy stable flight and decent videos which I have with the prop guards.

I put them on in my yard because of all my trees. Don't fly far or fast or high so they work OK. They come off when out in the open at the beach and going distance. Want to have as much speed as possible to get out and have battery to get back. Depends on how and where you fly. I don't have any problems with guards.

I use the prop guards with no problem,many trees where I live,and I also use a landing platform.Piece thin plywood works great!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl