People on the ground acting silly? Have you had this happen?

Reaction score
I was concerned about people having a negative reaction to my flying. However, on almost every outing, I get people acting - silly. Waving their arms, bowing, etc. Some wave at the drone and when I wiggle the drone in response, they really get animated.

Totally unexpected

Reactions: claws
I was concerned about people having a negative reaction to my flying. However, on almost every outing, I get people acting - silly. Waving their arms, bowing, etc. Some wave at the drone and when I wiggle the drone in response, they really get animated.

Totally unexpected
I have had some really fun responses as well,so many people ask how much does that thing cost? Does it have a camera? Is This legal? Not one negative response yet to my face at least .i was flying low around some ice fishing houses last month and at least 20 people came out of the ice houses and were pointing and gawking at it making for some fun video.

Oh Yes, the questions - does it have a gun on it, how high can it fly, how far away can it go, how much does it cost, never anything negative at all - summarize just curious. I do try to respect their space. I have had a couple of little boys try to stay under it so I had to alter my flight plan a little to keep them out of trouble.

Once I was asked "How much does it cost?" three times during one 14-minute flight by three different people. Doesn't bother me though (unless I'm stressing at the limit of my FPV!). I've also learned to expect the stink eye from someone who asks, "Does it have a camera on it?".

As far a subject reactions, my favorite was from a lady blowing me a kiss, lol. Check out the 1 minute mark in this video:

My least favorite was getting flipped the double-bird from a co-pilot of a harbor boat. Note: These were from my early P2 flights and I have since calmed my exuberance and fly much more responsibly!
thebird.jpg

Last edited:
I had one really bad experience. I was flying late at night and some guys came up to me threating to take it because they wanted it. Not because they were mad, they just wanted it and tried to take it. Lets just say I convinced them otherwise.

Yesterday I was out on the boat doing a flight over the marsh. I wanted to get a birds eye view of the marsh and compare it to Google Earth and see how much erosion has taken place. This past weekend was the prettiest this year and there were several boats out. One guy skiing caught sight of it and busted his but on another boats wake because he was paying attention to my Phantom instead of his skiing. They thought it was cool as hell and we talked a bit.

When I was almost done a Sherrifs boat who I had seen pass a few times pulls up to mine and we start shooting the breeze about them. He said the department has 3 of them and cant keep then in the air because of GPS problems. He didn't know what kind they were because that wasn't his area. Really nice guy. I told him if they ever need any footage I would be happy to do it lol although I know I cant. They are mostly looking for tresspassers as most of the marsh is private property owned by hunting clubs.

I haven't used mine much up until now but I am dreading someone asking me how much does it cost as I will have to lie to them if my wife is with me. She has no idea, so when I tell them how cheap it was I know they are going to ask me where they can get one. Any answers apart from leaving the wife at home!

Reactions: Jason Sewell
I always use the 25% rule on the price of any of my gadgets, as in she thinks they cost 25% of the real price ;)
Don't worry she has probably done the same on you with some of her purchases so relax, stick to the 25% rule and just tell whoever asks you where you got it, tell them fleabay :)

Reactions: Pascoe
Cheers Mal, but this ones more canny and probably has some idea.I have cwched the box it came in so she does not really have any idea that there are so many models,fingers crossed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj