Pelican Attack

Reaction score
So I was doing some aerial filming of a bunch of manatees in a local canal when my drone was dive-bombed by a big [Removed by Moderator] pelican. A pelican as in pelican bird. I was watching my screen and didn't see it, but my wife did. She said he folded his wings and swooped on it like he wanted it dead. It sounded like it was hit by a baseball bat. And dooooown into the canal it went. I've flown extensively over the canals, beaches and other areas here and have never had this happen before, despite seeing lots of osprey, eagles, seagulls and pelicans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd definitely would make a legal case against the pelican. LOL
They love to snatch my bait before it hits the water.
Really sorry about your misfortune. To have an oddity like that to happen, makes for a hard pill to swallow. I have never heard of that happening before.

Reactions: Memphis5oh
So I was doing some aerial filming of a bunch of manatees in a local canal when my drone was dive-bombed by a big *** pelican. A pelican as in pelican bird. I was watching my screen and didn't see it, but my wife did. She said he folded his wings and swooped on it like he wanted it dead. It sounded like it was hit by a baseball bat. And dooooown into the canal it went. I've flown extensively over the canals, beaches and other areas here and have never had this happen before, despite seeing lots of osprey, eagles, seagulls and pelicans.

We live near the river and deal with the birds all the time, I highly recommend you get a Phantom Wet Suit which will drastically change the look of your drone so the birds will avoid you.

Anyone of these will do the trick nicely not to mention all the added benefits of the wet suit for your drone.
You can also check out are video showing the bird avoidance in action.

Birds are simply no longer a threat to flying in the river or the lake as the added color helps solve that issue.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 5.27.26 PM.png

Last edited:
There’s no proof skins and rubber bands do anything.

Reactions: With The Birds
We live near the river and deal with the birds all the time, I highly recommend you get a Phantom Wet Suit which will drastically change the look of your drone so the birds will avoid you.

Anyone of these will do the trick nicely not to mention all the added benefits of the wet suit for your drone.

Birds are simply no longer a threat to flying in the river or the lake as the added color helps solve that issue.

View attachment 106586
Looks interesting. Link?

The wet suits sound great if you can afford it. People on this forum also said reflective tape does good. It work in my garden to help keep the birds away.

Yes reflective tape will work also but changing the entire look of the all White drone really changes the game for birds attacking it. We were having a really hard time with the bigger birds going after the drone , now that they avoid it entirely.

C’mon.

You never have any proof of your claims.

Now it reduces bird attacks???

Any data?

Reactions: With The Birds
C’mon.

You never have any proof of your claims.

Now it reduces bird attacks???

Any data?

Actually we have posted over 50 videos of our claims alone on this forum, so you might want to rethink that one.
There is no other vendor that posts more videos than we do because we love to fly.

seeing that we live on the river, and birds are a constant threat as you can see in this very recent video below, if I get attacked it will be on camera and I will let everyone know but as of now were 2 years into it and no bird mishaps.

This is the last video we shot , and you can see we have a visitor , while we were doing the Pre Flight for a client geared up with Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket.

The rescue jacket was designed to float the Drone if it were to fall in the water ! Videos on phantomrain.org

Some pilots might have been cautious , but I not one of them.

At some point in the Pre Flight Test the Big Nasty Bird comes into view , but he has no interest .
If the drone was all white I would have come down immediately. FACT been attacked before flying an all white drone..

View attachment 106586
You really are in the snake oil territory now. You need to substantiate this claim or rein in the spruiking- it’s getting a little ridiculous.

You really are in the snake oil territory now. You need to substantiate this claim or rein in the spruiking- it’s getting a little ridiculous.

Since we solved the issue for ourselves flying down the river , we never really knew how much interest there was in Bird Crashing and attacking other drones we just assumed it was because we live on the river that we were being attacked.. .

With that said: I think it would be a blast to do a dedicated Bird Video : However would I be threatening the Brids or would they be threatening me , seeing as all the love there is for birds and all .

UGH, We can do a HOVER test might be plausible and a great idea but keep in mind : We have sold over 5000 units now and we do offer 100% gurantee on the wetsuit and no one has gotten hit by a bird yet.

I would know , you know what I mean. ?

We did have a guy who ran over his Drone with his car that was posted on the forum and we gave him a new wet suit but no calls for the Bird Attacks. Just throwing it out there being that you wanted to know.

Since we solved the issue for ourselves flying down the river , we never really knew how much interest there was in Bird Crashing and attacking other drones we just assumed it was because we live on the river that we were being attacked.. .

With that said: I think it would be a blast to do a dedicated Bird Video : However would I be threatening the Brids or would they be threatening me , seeing as all the love there is for birds and all .

UGH, We can do a HOVER test might be plausible and a great idea but keep in mind : We have sold over 5000 units now and we do offer 100% gurantee on the wetsuit and no one has gotten hit by a bird yet.

I would know , you know what I mean. ?

We did have a guy who ran over his Drone with his car that was posted on the forum and we gave him a new wet suit but no calls for the Bird Attacks. Just throwing it out there being that you wanted to know.

And you think they would have been hit without the wetsuit? Maybe the wetsuit has stopped them being hit by lightning also? There have been a few proper studies done about how drone bird interactions might be reduced with no finding on colour schemes. People can form their own views however don’t be surprised if they might feel offended that you could be having a lend of them.

Last edited:
Actually we have posted over 50 videos of our claims alone on this forum, so you might want to rethink that one.
There is no other vendor that posts more videos than we do because we love to fly.

seeing that we live on the river, and birds are a constant threat as you can see in this very recent video below, if I get attacked it will be on camera and I will let everyone know but as of now were 2 years into it and no bird mishaps.

This is the last video we shot , and you can see we have a visitor , while we were doing the Pre Flight for a client geared up with Phantom Rain Rescue Jacket.

The rescue jacket was designed to float the Drone if it were to fall in the water ! Videos on phantomrain.org

Some pilots might have been cautious , but I not one of them.

At some point in the Pre Flight Test the Big Nasty Bird comes into view , but he has no interest .
If the drone was all white I would have come down immediately. FACT been attacked before flying an all white drone..

YOUR videos prove nothing of your claims.

I take no issue with your product or your claims. That being said the only birds I saw in your video were the Buzzard that cruised by and the two love birds walking on the path by the creek, neither of which would have any interest in your drone. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a Buzzard attacking anything that wasn't already dead.

If you give me a warrantee in writing that you will replace and or repair my drone if it is damaged by a bird attack I would definitely seriously consider purchasing your product.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub