PC build for 4k video editing.. Advice

Reaction score
So part of my Christmas gift to myself is an updated PC to match the video editing power that is needed for the Phantom 3 pro. So the main question i have is with rendering 4k would this setup be mad overkill or just a safe setup for expansion.... Or possibly not enough because of something bottlenecking?

Any and all opinions are welcome.

BTW id use Windows 10 pro and Adobe Photoshop CC

Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower - My Custom Build 1 - Adjday's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Nice build. I was looking at that chip, but went with the 6 core option for about the same price. I waz thinking with more cores would aid in the rendering time (processing).

Your thoughts?

I only chose that CPU based on many of the sample builds recommended for 4k video editing. It seems to be the CPU used the most on video editing platforms. I would google your CPU number along with video editing and see what pops up.

Adjay. You have probably already purchased and built your 4K video editing PC but from what i understand the more cores the cpu has the faster the processing time. So you are were right to choose a 6 core i7 cpu.
Ben

PC Built... 4k video at about 7 min long somewhere around 1.5 gigs and with a ton of eddits, transitions and music takes just under 10 min for full render!

Without screen cost just shy of $1300

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.