PC Building

Windows or Mac ?

• Windows

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Does anybody out there have experience building a PC? I'm thinking about doing one for my business, for editing photos and video. It does not have to be a crazy monster of a machine, just something to make putting videos together less painful. I'm probably going to edit with adobe premiere pro and light room. I have a friend has has built two already, I'm just looking for a second opinion. Here is the link to what I have compiled so far.

Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0, 200R ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

Thanks guys! :D

Does anybody out there have experience building a PC? I'm thinking about doing one for my business, for editing photos and video. It does not have to be a crazy monster of a machine, just something to make putting videos together less painful. I'm probably going to edit with adobe premiere pro and light room. I have a friend has has built two already, I'm just looking for a second opinion. Here is the link to what I have compiled so far.

Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0, 200R ATX Mid Tower - System Build - PCPartPicker

Thanks guys! :D
Seems reasonable enough to me assuming you want to keep it under $1k.

Reactions: Jonathan Huff
Yes, that's what I was going for thank! Are they hard to put together? This would be my first.
Not really (waaay easier than it used to be). Probably the hardest part is figuring out where on the motherboard the lines from the power supply go. But the ends of the cables are different shapes so you'll figure it out. Just remember to ground yourself before touching any of the components! The easiest way to do this is to touch the drive cage or chassis before touching the components. It's easy to fry a CPU/mobo/RAM from a static electric shock.

Not really (waaay easier than it used to be). Probably the hardest part is figuring out where on the motherboard the lines from the power supply go. But the ends of the cables are different shapes so you'll figure it out. Just remember to ground yourself before touching any of the components! The easiest way to do this is to touch the drive cage or chassis before touching the components. It's easy to fry a CPU/mobo/RAM from a static electric shock.

Thanks for the help! Definitely need all the advice I can get. How about when to buy? Do the prices change a lot turning the holiday sales? Oh, do you mind taking a look at the list I have going so far?

Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0, 200R ATX Mid Tower - JD1 - jghuff's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
Thinking about bumping up the cpu
To a 6700k future proofing

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for the help! Definitely need all the advice I can get. How about when to buy? Do the prices change a lot turning the holiday sales? Oh, do you mind taking a look at the list I have going so far?

Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 950 2GB FTW ACX 2.0, 200R ATX Mid Tower - JD1 - jghuff's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
Thinking about bumping up the cpu
To a 6700k future proofing

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app
Generally component prices don't fluctuate unless something new comes out. You can see the price swings on the site where you have your build... just click the part and scroll down to price history. Reputable places like newegg show relatively straight lines. Also, for another $30ish you can get the i7-6700K. Otherwise, everything else looks fine. Have fun!

bbfpv
Thanks for the help! How's flying in New York? I have family in Mt. Kisco.
It was fun while it lasted. Sold all my birds last year after my 2nd kid arrived (no free time). Now I just lurk around the forums to see what everyone's up to.

It was fun while it lasted. Sold all my birds last year after my 2nd kid arrived (no free time). Now I just lurk around the forums to see what everyone's up to.

I guess it's bitter sweet. I'm really happy that you are!

Reactions: bbfpv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues