Past my part 107 on Friday the 13th!

Reaction score
I studied for about a month, the test was not everything I had expected, there were questions I haven't seen before. I believe 2 hours was a good limit. I finished the test in an hour and spent another 30 minutes checking it over, but I got an 87% which I'm pleased with!

The main tools I used were...
1. Tony Northrop (sorry if I misspelled)..
2. The app "remote pilot" which was 5.00.
3. FAA study guide
4. 3DR faa pre test

Great job! I have the same study guides. Good to know it's probably all I need. I don't know that I'll ever need it, but I'm going for it anyway.

Congrats welcome to the world of Commercial Drone Piloting :D

Congratulations.. I have my 107 as well.. what really stinks is, finding places to fly in exciting places. I'm on the road now and have gotten several job offers but they're in either restricted air space, or city ordinances banning flight. If you guessed the coast line in Alabama you'd be right.

I was able to study on my own but I have seen many websites offering services for those of you that do better in a classroom setting. Like remotepilot101.com or drone U or any of they're sister sites.

I mainly used
www.YouTube.com just looking up self help pages for the part 107.

https://3dr.com/faa/drone-practice-tests/ which is extremely helpful along with the 5.00 remote pilot app. Which has a study guide and different suas tests.

Write down all key information on the faa study guide pdf. Just Google faa part 107 study guide.

Take your time, think about what your reading. Even if you have to read out loud to yourself.

If you can pass the remote pilot app pre test questions averaging a 90% every time you will pass this test... at least the version I took I'm sure they have generated tests so they will be different.

Need to know!
Sectional charts.
Longitude and latitude with minutes.
Metar reports.
General information regarding operations and crm

Hope this help. Study and cram.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Congrats. I bought a subscription to Gold Seal and still have yet to get through all of the training materials.. I need to buckle down. Or perhaps a little kick in the backside..

Reactions: Rehaume85

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT