Reaction score
Took the test today (92%, missed 5 out of 60). I give kudos and a VERY BIG slice of the credit to Jason Schappert and RemotePilot101.com.
When I first thought of getting certified, I actually printed out the 500+ page aeronautical knowledge manual and dove right into it. Then I discovered Jason and RemotePilot101.
Jason is concise and very practical. He is a very good instructor and keeps it interesting.
I went through the major sections of his course the first time to get my bearings and start absorbing the basic ideas. Then, I went through the whole course a second time to ensure I was truly understanding the content. As I went through the second time, I made a separate study sheet of the things that seemed more difficult to remember. For those who are not familiar with RemotePilot101, Jason charges $99 for lifetime membership, which means you can go through it as many times as necessary. Even in the time between registering and taking the final test within his course, he had added a few update videos.
Surprisingly, my test today had only 2 questions on METARs and TAFs. Lots of airspace questions. One question on lat/long. Several questions on cloud clearances, fog, etc.

Thanks again, Jason!

Excellent! Welcome to the world of paid pilots!

Jason Schappert has great info and videos. Some of his stuff helped me greatly many years ago when I was training for my Private Pilot certificate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.