Parts are here!

Found the burn!
0027f0a035cb11ff38511be8ecb605a9.jpg

I think it looks worse than it is. The foam melted into the chip. Everything is still attached to the board and nothing look burned. I think it just has melted foam stuck to it. I'm not gonna try to remove it. I am gonna start looking for a replacement. No luck so far. Can't find just the camera either. I may just sell it as a flyable quad in need of a camera. I could sell it and get a p3.
Wow that's some heat damage ay,,,bad picture to look at in da morning,, best of luck ,,,I amazed at that :( hope camera OK and it just fried ribbon

Wow that's some heat damage ay,,,bad picture to look at in da morning,, best of luck ,,,I amazed at that :( hope camera OK and it just fried ribbon
I hope so. I can't find that board anywhere. A part number would be great.

I hope so. I can't find that board anywhere. A part number would be great.
Gezz since last post I been looking at cameras and boards and parts ,,you think I could find a part number,,,near impossible,,,I keep looking......anyone got part numbers out there,,,,phantom help got a list but no numbers

Reactions: Duchunter
I found one from Cloud City Drones in Rhode Island for $29 but somebody in the classified section had a complete gimbal and camera. The gimbal has issues but the camera works and they only want $60 for it so I'm hoping they still have it. If they do I'll get that for sure.

I found one from Cloud City Drones in Rhode Island for $29 but somebody in the classified section had a complete gimbal and camera. The gimbal has issues but the camera works and they only want $60 for it so I'm hoping they still have it. If they do I'll get that for sure.
Sweet $ 60 good price,,hope it there,,,I keep me eyes open :)

Well after multiple attempts, 3 ribbon wires, two pitch boards, and multiple disassemblys (is that a word?) I have officially given up on repairing my gimbal. I sold my gimbal assembly on eBay for parts or repair and I got $160 for it. I quite pleased with that. I was able to buy one on eBay for $270 with a guarantee so yeah I'm pretty pleased with how that worked out. I paid $400 for my p4, I spent about $60 in parts and i have $130 in the replacement gimbal assembly. So I have about $590 in it. I think that's a pretty OK price for a p4. Its not that great given I have no warrantee but I think I did OK. Oh yeah, I have $18 in a motor too. One of mine has a bit of linear play in the bearing. It works fine but its easy to swap out and a failure in flight would be catastrophic so I'm just gonna change it out to be safe.

Last edited:
Well after multiple attempts, 3 ribbon wires, two pitch boards, and multiple disassemblys (is that a word?) I have officially given up on repairing my gimbal. I sold my gimbal assembly on eBay for parts or repair and I got $160 for it. I quite pleased with that. I was able to buy one on eBay for $270 with a guarantee so yeah I'm pretty pleased with how that worked out. I paid $400 for my p4, I spent about $60 in parts and i have $130 in the replacement gimbal assembly. So I have about $590 in it. I think that's a pretty OK price for a p4. Its not that great given I have no warrantee but I think I did OK. Oh yeah, I have $18 in a motor too. One of mine has a bit of linear play in the bearing. It works fine but its easy to swap out and a failure in flight would be catastrophic so I'm just gonna change it out to be safe.
Wow yep that good price alright mine was $$2000 when first brought ,best of luck this time and get that thing back in the air :) ian

I'm excited! I can't wait for it to get here. I can't even fly it right now for like a week now. I guess I could but the entire gimbal assembly is missing. I haven't even tried to power it up like that. Its gonna be a whole new game flying with a camera. I bought it broke so I have yet to fly with a working camera. I have so many places I want to fly and film. Its been to long a wait. This same thing happened with my motorcycle. I bought it with a bad motor and I stared at it for months before I could fix it. Well worth the wait though. At least I could fly it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orthotutors