Part 33 main board 044LC

Reaction score
Drone went in the sea. Ordered 'part 33' and got a 044LC- it has the metal capactitor. Which motors are compatible? The little card with the board only contemplates a rev A or rev B. No mention of rev C

Attachments

• IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 618
Reactions: Paul Bradley
Thank you!

I had exhaustively searched, but all about the tags. For anyone else coming here, the C variant is akin to the A variant and is designed for the older style motors.

Reactions: Oso
So as an update to this, i soldered my old motors in (attached pic) but still got ESC status error!

I bought four new motors and still ESC error.

I'm worried that i may have damaged some of the esc transistors when soldering, although never touched them i did hear a 'pop' and visibly saw the PCB surface 'boil'. I had my soldering arm set to low.

The other option is that i need to use the newer motors. Any thoughts? I could try to RMA the board.... but not feeling hopeful

Attachments

• file3.jpeg
    file3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 369
I did. I've caved and decided to send it to DJI. It'll be interesting to see what they do as I've tried to fix it and soldered etc. I'm hoping for generousity given dollars spent but ultimately it's a business. We will see!

I can only assume 1. I overheated parts when soldering or 2. The new motors or new board have a fault

As an update. DJI received the drone, apparently it fired up fine! However, they weren't happy to send it back in it's current condition as the soldering didn't have the glue in accordance with their quality assurance requirements. They also noticed i tinged the iron on some of the plastic shell.

I should add context that the camera was also kaput.

They very reasonably agreed to fix it up (& camera) and send back for around 200 Australian bucks- it's been shipped today and i'm looking forward to receiving it.

I recommend anyone just sends it in as they seem to be reasonable price wise and you have piece of mind (& a warranty). Also- if a connector comes off with the pins- don't even bother trying to fix unless you are pro

Reactions: Digdat0
IMG_2892.JPG
file3.jpeg
So as an update to this, i soldered my old motors in (attached pic) but still got ESC status error!

I bought four new motors and still ESC error.

I'm worried that i may have damaged some of the esc transistors when soldering, although never touched them i did hear a 'pop' and visibly saw the PCB surface 'boil'. I had my soldering arm set to low.

The other option is that i need to use the newer motors. Any thoughts? I could try to RMA the board.... but not feeling hopeful

Yeah when soldering a circuit board you should solder hot and fast...And hey not saying this is or was your problem because it wasn't but if you look at the attached pic i want to mention you should watch the wire I'm pointing at...Its the communication cable to the battery...I took mine apart and noticed this wire pinched between the board and the shell with the insulation coming off at that spot....apparently whenever i was taking the battery out i was squeezing the phantom there and pinching that wire...I replaced and rerouted it before it became a real issue...Maybe its nothing just thought I'd mentioning it...
file3.jpeg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj