Part 107

Reaction score
Man, I have been going through www.remotepilot101.com's course and I am so glad I found it. I have never looked at a sectional chart so now trying to read and understand them is a difficult task. There would be no way possible that I could pass this test without a program like remotepilot101.

Has anyone else felt this way? Does anyone feel this way? Did you pass? I'm a little overwhelmed by all of it.

I have no affiliation to www.remotepilot101.com, just venting.

You will find that the airspace and weather questions (METARs) are what give most people grief when taking the exam.

Have that airspace stuff down pat and you'll do just fine.

For practice, anytime you see a question (and graphic) of airspace, see how you would answer the question and if you don't know the answer, dig around the regs until you can find it quickly!

AD

Has anyone else felt this way? Does anyone feel this way? Did you pass?
Yes, I needed to study, this is not trivial stuff for no pilots. In my case, I reviewed many good youtube videos about it. Also, read material. I got 93, but hadn't I studied hard, I would've failed. Now, I am happy I know more about flying, maps, weather, etc.

I enrolled in that course and passed the exam (90%).

p.s. For those who do not know, www.skyvector.com is an excellent website for viewing sectional charts.

I used them as well (no affiliation myself) and thought they were fantastic. I passed with an 87%. The content is fantastic and their support is even better. If you keep studying those charts it will get much easier, I promise. I did have several questions on charts, specifically on tower heights, longitude and latitude, etc. Most questions though seemed to be around weather, general operations, and airspace. Surprisingly, I think I had one question on METARs. Was expecting much more.

Thanks guys. Im gonna take my time and keep going over that stuff until I know it in my sleep.

I'm studying now for the test...sectional charts are a big pain...almost like learning another language.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I'm studying now for the test...sectional charts are a big pain...almost like learning another language.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Stick with it, it really does make sense. It's like any new activity/profession, you have to learn how to use the tools of the trade.

You will find that the airspace and weather questions (METARs) are what give most people grief when taking the exam.

Have that airspace stuff down pat and you'll do just fine.

For practice, anytime you see a question (and graphic) of airspace, see how you would answer the question and if you don't know the answer, dig around the regs until you can find it quickly!

AD

Weather is what's has been giving me grief, I'm not worried about METARs. I will find out this Saturday morning, that's when I'm scheduled to take my test.

I used this video to study for the test and passed. It's a great reference.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: greginaustin
Watch out for question related to multiple pilots on one drone and mutiple drones piloted by one person. When I studied, I never saw ANYTHING related to those questions.

Watch out for question related to multiple pilots on one drone and mutiple drones piloted by one person. When I studied, I never saw ANYTHING related to those questions.
Gold Seal definitely covers this.

FYI - Not a peep in remotepilot101.com's course :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.