Parachutes

Reaction score
Hi Friends
Does anyone use a parachute in their drone and if you do is it worth it and does it affect the drones functionality?
Apparently Parazero has a fantastic unit for the Phantom.
Thanks[emoji41]

Reactions: Cowboy06
Hi Friends
Does anyone use a parachute in their drone and if you do is it worth it and does it affect the drones functionality?
Thanks[emoji41]
I dont use a parachute, but click the link below for several dozen posts about that brand you noted.

Search results for query: parazero

Reactions: JoBe
Hi Friends
Thanks[emoji41]
Parazero on P4P. No effect on functionality, may take a little longer to lock in enough sats. Is it worth it? Only you can answer that...

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Allow around 1.3sec per gram for flight time reduction. Handling may be compromised to a small extent.

If your flying in situations where failure of your phantom might result in injury/damage to persons or property it’s worth considering.

Apparently Parazero has a fantastic unit for the Phantom
It's the newest and one of the few available. While it will help reduce/prevent damage to people/property, many people are finding the Phantom is damaged after landing. So, it's probably not something you'd want to use if your only goal is to protect the Phantom from damage.

I is falling around 10m/s (don't know the exsact data) which may cause some damage depends on the ground structure but definitely less than free fall.

Hi Friends
Thanks[emoji41]

Besides the damage that is happening on the landing, is the fact that the drone trajectory coming down is heavily comprimised by the wind. Thus if you are flying safely over an area and the drone motors stop it will fall straight down in a safe spot, however if you have the chute because of the drift , you can end up with a drone drifting into a highway, or group of people, this for us is really the drawback for the Parachute products.

There is also the issue of GPS Satellites being somewhat compromised on longer flights, but that has been addressed with keeping the flights much tighter.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.

Besides the damage that is happening on the landing, is the fact that the drone trajectory coming down is heavily comprimised by the wind. Thus if you are flying safely over an area and the drone motors stop it will fall straight down in a safe spot, however if you have the chute because of the drift , you can end up with a drone drifting into a highway, or group of people, this for us is really the drawback for the Parachute products.

There is also the issue of GPS Satellites being somewhat compromised on longer flights, but that has been addressed with keeping the flights much tighter.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
Gear for flying in and out of the storm.
Surprisingly good point- almost enough to largely defeat the purpose of having one (if the genuine intent is to protect other persons safety/property).

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
The parachute is the compromise in all points and even you may never actually activate it. But and this is very big 'but' the same is with the fall on somebodys' head. I really dont want this happen ever.
Maybe I'll buy one.
Meanwhile I use MavicAir where is a lot of people as I beleive that small Mavic won't do much harm. At least less than the Phantom.

Reactions: GregoryBME
The parachute is the compromise in all points and even you may never actually activate it. But and this is very big 'but' the same is with the fall on somebodys' head. I really dont want this happen ever.
Maybe I'll buy one.
Meanwhile I use MavicAir where is a lot of people as I beleive that small Mavic won't do much harm. At least less than the Phantom.
A Mavic Air, falling from 200 feet is definitely going to hurt someone pretty badly if they are hit. Probably not much different than a Phantom.

Reactions: PhantomWetSuits
Definitely less than 3-times bigger Phantom and Air blades are much less aggressive. But of course I even for MA say that I want this will never happen.
Is somebody here that his/her Phantom or Mavic already hit somebody?

Parachute is, IMHO for SMS (Safety Management Systems) which is good for the industry in whole along with liability insurance. As in any planned flight you have check weather including winds and the effects on your bird should a mishap occur. It does take a little longer to acquire satellites but any endeavor in aviation should always consider the consequences. If you are considering it you are someone that truly cares about the future of sUAS industry. I have a ParaZero parachute and never fly without it. The reason most sUAS PIC’s don’t practice SMS is because they are safely on the ground and their only worry is recovering monetary funds should anything happen to their bird should a mishap occur. IMHO we should we should be classified as operators and not pilots.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl