Panoramic images

Reaction score
Hi all -

I've never flown or used a drone before. Two questions I'm looking for help with:

1. I'm considering buying a used Phantom 3 Professional via this link: https://www.adorama.com/us 1040064.html

Does anyone see any issues with it?

2. I plan to use this drone to take aerial 360 degree panoramic pics. I'm wondering.. does anyone know this drone can do this easily? I'm hoping that I can just tell the drone to take a series of pics automatically. I want it to move the camera and drone body to each position and take a picture without me having to move it myself. Once its finished, I'll have a series of 40 images or so that I can use to stitch together the 360 degree panoramic image using my own panoramic software.

Thanks for all the help in advance. I greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum :)

1) I have no experience with that company so I can't say one way or the other

2) That aircraft (and so many others) can do just about anything but it's the controller/operator who makes the magic happen. You can manually take the pics or you can download an APP that controls the aircraft and does it for you.

I'm not sure that the DJI Go app can do 360degree panos 'automagically', but I have used Litchi with a P3A to do these in the past.

Yep - as stated above, a Phantom 3 and many other DJI drones will do what you want using the Litchi app. Just program details of the pano pic specs into the app beforehand and when the drone is airborne, start taking all the pics automatically with a couple of finger pushes on the app's touch screen to set it going.

I use a program called PTGui to stitch all the individual pics together into a pano using my computer, but other programs are also available

Lots more information about it here :- phantom panorama with litchi - YouTube

Regarding the ADORAMA website, I've never used them but the P3P is described as 'Excellent (E) - (minus' condition = 'Shows signs of moderate wear and/or usage. Unit body may have surface scratches.'

I think you should be more concerned about what is inside the shell, which could cost far more to remedy than any cosmetic wear/faults.

That said, the drone might be quite OK - but if not, what guarantees are you offered? I see no mention of it on the website and know nothing about US consumer protection laws. But at least ADORAMA do seem to have a physical presence in that they have a store in NY and a lot of reviews online, both good and bad, found via Google. They've also been around a while, since 1979.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl