Panorama Photos of New Orleans

Reaction score
I absolutely love my new Phantom Vision 2! At first I was not wholly impressed with the photos, but now that I have the lens correction profile downloaded, the images look way better. When stitched together, panoramas have some distortion, but I like the effect. After a couple of flights, I am getting a good sense of how the camera performs and how to fly the drone precisely. I am really looking forward to the RAW converter!

When using Lens Correction in Photoshop CS6, I manually scale the image so that it keeps some of the weird fishbowl that is usually cropped by the program. Then I straighten the image using the crop tool (and expand the crop area to keep the weird edges). I save all of the images as PSDs and then execute the Photomerge command. Then I crop the image, sometimes using Content Aware to fill some of the white space around the sky. Finally, I use Unsharp Mask to sharpen the image a little and finally adjust Levels.

Here are a few photos I took of New Orleans this week, oddly cropped by the forum... you can see the full images here: http://thebatture.com/aerial-photos

Vertical Panorama of my neighborhood, the Lower Garden District
bce1967c77c80efe-sophiewrightplace_sm.jpg

Holy Cross and the Lower 9th Ward
910584669581d8e3-holycross_sm.jpg

Central Wetlands and the Lower 9th Ward
da4789397d89dd3d-bayoubienvenuelookingwest_sm.jpg

Cheers!

Wow! This is the very first post I've ever seen from this member and I'm totally blown out of the water. With all of the discussion on this forum, lately, about Noobs... How's this for a different perspective?

VERY nice, man.. VERY...

-slinger

Nice!! I used to live right up the street from that first pic, at St Charles and Josephine, and walked by that intersection every day :) I know there's a ton of places in the GD/LGD and uptown that will be great to fly/film.

If you're ever all the way up by UNO I'd love to see some shots of the campus from the air!

gunslinger said:
Wow! This is the very first post I've ever seen from this member and I'm totally blown out of the water. With all of the discussion on this forum, lately, about Noobs... How's this for a different perspective?

VERY nice, man.. VERY...

-slinger

Thanks for the kind words! I am indeed a Noob with this awesome piece of technology!
I found to the forum because I have a mechanical issue with my drone, but I am foolishly flying it anyhow because it is so useful and jaw droppingly amazing.
We use google aerials or photos I have taken from a helicopter to make architectural and urban design renderings. The Phantom is going to be great for obtaining up the minute and low elevation aerials if our project areas and sites!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj