Panning and Yawing as you film. How did you get good at it?

Try the Autopilot app. You can set waypoints with triggers that are programmable to get the shots you want with excellent results.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Quite easy for me since I'm a hardcore video gamer. Years of flight time with Ace Combat series helped me a lot. My sister who's also a gamer able to produce some amazing footages in her first few flights.

Can anyone share their skills to get smooth interesting pans and yaw movements while you film?

How do you keep your movements from being jerky on video?

Can you reference any good tutorials?

My filming while flying needs work.

I just made a quick video on how I get my nice smooth pans. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimerb
Hey Malakai,
You posted this vid back in May. And now I need to actually do more of this. As well as forewarn & back tracking shots. You say you made your own mods to hold the rubber bands. Are there any available to purchase similar to yours- that you know of.
I think they will help me not only rotate smoother, but keep my tracking shots more on the line I need- straight front to back.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey Malakai,
You posted this vid back in May. And now I need to actually do more of this. As well as forewarn & back tracking shots. You say you made your own mods to hold the rubber bands. Are there any available to purchase similar to yours- that you know of.
I think they will help me not only rotate smoother, but keep my tracking shots more on the line I need- straight front to back.
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Im not sure, I 3D printed my own but wont have access to the printer for a few more weeks. Im hoping to get a load made up when I do then plan on selling them. Not sure on prices thought. As a question, what would you guys be willing to pay for a pair?

Smooth panning is one thing. Accurate panning, particularly when framing a fast moving object, quite something else. No amount of rubber band aids will solve the issue that the gimbal yaw is stabilized and thus lags the aircraft's actual orientation, and the FPV video lag doesnt help either. That makes it pretty difficult when yawing fast to line up with a heading you intended.

How I manage ? I dont, not yet. I really wish I could disable or at least limit the yaw of the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl