Pandora Warrior FPV system into a Phantom?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've had a Phantom for a couple months and just got a Pandora Warrior as an early Christmas present. The Warrior comes with a full-up FPV system, although not as sophisticated as a GoPro setup. What I'm thinking of doing is retrofitting the FPV components under the Phantom, which doesn't look like it would be too difficult, and actually a fun project for a mechanical engineer like me.

My main concern is setting up the Devo F7 radio into the Phantom. I've been doing some research on the web and it looks like this wouldn't be too tough, just make some plugs to go from a DV701 receiver into the NAZA and make sure the calibration/channels/etc. are set up correctly on the TX side. I can easily tap into the stock battery cable to power the camera and 5.8 Ghz Tx (The F7 radio has a built-in 5.8 Rx and a 3.5" screen on the front - very cool!).

My question to you all is: has anyone done this? Am I missing anything? (Probably!) I can get a receiver through Amazon pretty cheaply, plus whatever else I would need (The receiver in the Warrior is just a PC board and not set up for swapping into the Phantom). I'm just hoping to hear from someone who might have some wisdom on the specifics of doing this kind of mod, particularly regarding the radio RX setup. It is my understanding that the Devo radio would also be an improvement over the stock white system.

Thanks all! :mrgreen:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik