Pan/Tilt Camera mount for my FatShark

Reaction score
I have a FatShark FPV this mount is for the camera I have but not sure if it will work with my Phantom Naza, Does anyone know if I'll need to buy anything extra to get this to work or do you just plug one of the Pan/Tilt connectors into the Naza and your all set, I know that my Tx has the pitch lever in the back so I'm assuming that I will only be able to do one pan or tilt right?
http://www.getfpv.com/fatshark-pan-tilt-for-600tvl-cmos-camera.html

You will need to replace your Phantom's transmitter and receiver with something else. Either Futaba, Spektrum or FrSky. The stock Phantom transmitter has no way to take the trainer input from the FatShark.
Once you've done that, it's just a case of assigning 2 channels to the pan and tilt of the little camera mount you have. You'll need a transmitter / receiver combo that supports at least 9 channels (7 for the Naza and another 2 for your pan / tilt mount).

rilot said:
You will need to replace your Phantom's transmitter and receiver with something else. Either Futaba, Spektrum or FrSky. The stock Phantom transmitter has no way to take the trainer input from the FatShark.
Once you've done that, it's just a case of assigning 2 channels to the pan and tilt of the little camera mount you have. You'll need a transmitter / receiver combo that supports at least 9 channels (7 for the Naza and another 2 for your pan / tilt mount).
Dammit how come they can't make things simple? So what is the lever on the back of my transmitter? If I was to get a mount for my camera is there only one type of movable mount that will go on the Phantom and plug right into the Naza and if so where can I get it? I just want to plug and play not have to replace a bunch of **** to get one thing to work! Also where in the Naza do I pug it into to get that pitch lever to work?

rilot said:
I thought the seventh channel was the Pitch for controlling a single axis mount? So I can only do one of the Pan or tilt but if I wanted to do both I would have to buy a different Tx for an eighth channel?

Phantasmic said:
phantomflyer said:
[I thought the seventh channel was the Pitch for controlling a single axis mount?

Given the incredible amount of information that is readily available regarding the 7th channel on the Phantom what made you think that its purpose was to control a single axis mount?

Google is your friend here, if you're willing to do some research and can understand the results.
I'm sorry maybe I'm miss under standing or not explaining myself right but what is this video showing me?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzAEKf8qQIo I just want to make my camera tilt like this, Using that lever! I can care less if I could get it to Pan which I'm guessing I would need another channel to do but yes I've should have called myself Phantomstupid :roll:

Phantasmic said:
phantomflyer said:
[I thought the seventh channel was the Pitch for controlling a single axis mount?

Given the incredible amount of information that is readily available regarding the 7th channel on the Phantom what made you think that its purpose was to control a single axis mount?

Google is your friend here, if you're willing to do some research and can understand the results.
Tell me what your Google says or what have you been using your seventh channel for?

Phantasmic said:
phantomflyer said:
Tell me what your Google says or what have you been using your seventh channel for?

Not my Google. It's everyone's Google.

If you have Googled 'Phantom 7th channel" you should understand that it can control tilt on gimbals.

Gimbals have control boards that are connected to the NAZA-M, gimbal control is enabled in NAZA-M, and then you can control the tilt of a gimbal (key word!!). The 7th channel does just that on my Phantom.

Everyone's Google indicates that the Fat Shark pan tilt setup that you're asking about is for use with their head tracker technology and more robust TX/RX systems.
Oh I'm sorry gimbal not mount although you get the same results if you put either in the Google search other then the fact I can't find anywhere on Google that tells me about the FatShark mount in more detail that's why I asked on here for anyone who has asked the question before so like I said the seventh channel controls tilt on a camera mount "Gimbal" for Mr. politically correct. If your no help to my posts and are going to tell me to go some where and look it up then don't invade my posts!

Well I had/have the same question as Phantomflyer, but I'm afraid to ask because of guys (very few, thankfully) like you, "Phantasmic".
I personally don't mind helping newbies (there's going to be more coming) when I can. If it's so annoying for you to read these posts, and if your no help to anyone anyways, why not just stay out of the forum?
I grey annoyed with smart asses like you enough in real life, no need to come in here and show us all how "smart" you are.
:lol:

Marc70 said:
Well I had/have the same question as Phantomflyer, but I'm afraid to ask because of guys (very few, thankfully) like you, "Phantasmic".
I personally don't mind helping newbies (there's going to be more coming) when I can. If it's so annoying for you to read these posts, and if your no help to anyone anyways, why not just stay out of the forum?
I grey annoyed with smart asses like you enough in real life, no need to come in here and show us all how "smart" you are.
:lol:

I guess we know the answer to that question anyway lol. Not sure I fully understand how the Naza thing works! Is the DJI "Gimbal" the only camera gimbal you can use? Sorry to be so dumb on the subject but I guess I'm just a simple thinker when it comes to electronics, I was hoping or thought you could plug some kind of servo driven gimbal/mount in the spot of the Naza that controls that channel and just be able to use it! Why is it you have to buy something else to run the gimbal? You'd think that they would have but any info in the brain "Naza" and be able to adjust settings and calibrate in the software if your using something different other then the DJI gimbal do they do it like this so you have to spend more money on their products or is all this more complicated then I'm thinking?

I can't hear ya "Phantasmic" If you haven't guessed yet your on my foes list but if you keep invading my post or posts I will ask for your removal from this site!

Okay I warned ya, I can't read what your saying but I'm sure it's insulting because you responded. Best thing to do would be to back off and avoid any posts I put up but no that's the way you want it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl