Years ago, was in the submarine service making patrols out of nearby Apra Harbor, Guam. Saw Palau and Peleliu several times ... through a periscope. Always wished we could visit those beautiful beaches and canopy of palm trees. Too shallow to dock, I guess, though just offshore the water is only like 25,000 feet deep! BTW, my dad was a Navy Radioman during the battle of Peleliu and helped build the airstrip afterwards, another reason I wish I could have visited your lovely islands. Have some of his photos of those days. So thanks for the nice video. Enjoyed it.

Reactions: ro_diver
Years ago, was in the submarine service making patrols out of nearby Apra Harbor, Guam. Saw Palau and Peleliu several times ... through a periscope. Always wished we could visit those beautiful beaches and canopy of palm trees. Too shallow to dock, I guess, though just offshore the water is only like 25,000 feet deep! BTW, my dad was a Navy Radioman during the battle of Peleliu and helped build the airstrip afterwards, another reason I wish I could have visited your lovely islands. Have some of his photos of those days. So thanks for the nice video. Enjoyed it.
I'm glad you enjoyed the video, and admire your service!! I have some more footage to edit with some war remains of the Pelileu Batlle. It's sad to think that this today's paradise was once a bloody battlefield... :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers