Painting your drone?

Reaction score
I'm a vehicle painter and got a bad hahit of painting things I buy. Has anyone ever painted a drone?

Oops just found a thread of people painting them. ******* it! Now I'll have to paint mine!

Once you are done with painting your drone, please post its picture.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Vzr1
Yes please post pics. I would love to see a pro paint job.

What type of paint to use on plastic? I use to paint my RC monster truck bodies but I am not sure lexan and the Phantom's shell are the same or use the same paint.

Yes please post pics. I would love to see a pro paint job.

What type of paint to use on plastic? I use to paint my RC monster truck bodies but I am not sure lexan and the Phantom's shell are the same or use the same paint.

Just automotive paint , using a plastic primer first then colour and clear coat.

Awesome, that would be a good way to make extra income. Professional drone painting.

Biggest decision will be colour
aa30241f643a3ee4a619069ea1509d4f.jpg

You still have to paint over the dip. Well clear coat which is just paint with no colour added .... sort of.

Oh I know just a better option for me because I have no artistic skills when it comes to painting so it would be a masking or a cool hydro dip which has some pretty cool patterns.

I watched a few videos on dipping and it looks to be pretty simple aside from the prepping.

Reactions: Vzr1
Oh I know just a better option for me because I have no artistic skills when it comes to painting so it would be a masking or a cool hydro dip which has some pretty cool patterns.

I watched a few videos on dipping and it looks to be pretty simple aside from the prepping.

I'd suggest dip it then take it to your closet painter and ask him to give it to coats of 2 pak clear. You will get a far better finish then a can job. Most painters have clear left over after jobs , androne wouldn't take much to clear.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers