P4Pv2 fly right

Reaction score
I have a P4P v2 that had a minor crash yesterday. No blades broken. Both upper and lower shell look pristine. the left leg was bent inward but not broken. When I tried to take off, it leaned to the right and never got off the ground. I changed the blades, straightened the leg, and tried again. Engines come on OK but as soon as I give it some lift, it leans back onto the ground so I shut it down. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

I have a P4P v2 that had a minor crash yesterday. No blades broken. Both upper and lower shell look pristine. the left leg was bent inward but not broken. When I tried to take off, it leaned to the right and never got off the ground. I changed the blades, straightened the leg, and tried again. Engines come on OK but as soon as I give it some lift, it leans back onto the ground so I shut it down. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
If the drone isn't maintaining level flight, the obvious thing to do is recalibrate the IMU on a level surface.
Not the compass as that is unrelated to level flying.
The IMU can be upset by crash impacts.

Any warnings showing up? Might be worth spinning the motors manually to check for damage, grinding, etc. If it’s rolling over on liftoff, one or more motors is not spinning up to full power. This should show in the logs. If the imu cal doesn’t fix it, someone here might be able to diagnose from the logs.

Reactions: Droneted
I would strongly suspect the IMU needs calibrating because I had the exact same problem on my maiden flight (or should I say 'flip'). Never lifted an inch, just leaned over and the blades dug into the grass. Try calibrating the IMU and I bet the problem's a goner...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.