P4P2 fell from sky

Reactions: Oso
I had already done that, but it shows no information useful in determining the cause of the crash. I found txt and dat files. What is the difference. I have read that there is other information that only DJI can access. Is that true?

I had already done that, but it shows no information useful in determining the cause of the crash. I found txt and dat files. What is the difference. I have read that there is other information that only DJI can access. Is that true?
Did you look at the verbose CSV?

I think Airdata.com supports .DAT files. Try this: https://app.airdata.com/dat/ It's more comprehensive, I believe. The .DAT file must be downloaded from the aircraft.

For what it's worth, there are known instances of batteries dislodging due to faulty latches or failure to properly secure the battery. Unfortunately, when the power goes, so does any data recording.

I think Airdata.com supports .DAT files. Try this: https://app.airdata.com/dat/ It's more comprehensive, I believe. The .DAT file must be downloaded from the aircraft.

For what it's worth, there are known instances of batteries dislodging due to faulty latches or failure to properly secure the battery. Unfortunately, when the power goes, so does any data recording.
Is that still happening on the V2 with the latch detection they added?

Didn't know about the latch detection. Is that supposed to prevent operation if the battery didn't latch properly? I don't see any switch or sensor in the battery compartment that would be activated if it didn't latch.
Supposedly yes

Didn't know about the latch detection. Is that supposed to prevent operation if the battery didn't latch properly? I don't see any switch or sensor in the battery compartment that would be activated if it didn't latch.
Here is a video on it.

Reactions: LarBear360
Post the .txt file here.
Perhaps someone can spot something in there.
In cases of sudden loss of power, it can be difficult to find the smoking gun evidence, but at least it might help to dismiss some possibilities.

Did you look at the notifications in the app? I've had something like that with a motor overloaded error.

Post the .txt file here.
Perhaps someone can spot something in there.
In cases of sudden loss of power, it can be difficult to find the smoking gun evidence, but at least it might help to dismiss some possibilities.
TXT file is attached. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-05-09_[15-36-27].txt
    429.8 KB · Views: 147
Here's what that data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
It shows that your battery was good at the start of the flight and that the cells were showing >3.9V at the end of the data.
It looks like you did some gentle flying and a lot of hovering, no hard that might have helped to dislodge a battery that wasn't properly latched.
A hardware problem that caused a sudden loss of power is the probable cause but there's no smoking gun evidence to say what it might have been.

I'm very sorry, but I know your heartbreak. This is my DJI P4Pv2 last September.

Attachments

• DJI P4P 2019-09-23 - 07 FOUND IT.JPG
    DJI P4P 2019-09-23 - 07 FOUND IT.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Sad
Reactions: dronesky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues