P4P+ Wouldn't Power Off

Reaction score
After not flying my P4P+ for a few weeks and reading about the new FW update I decided to update then fly.
I only have a few flights on it and never crashed.
I powered up RC then powered up aircraft and all looked ok. Image on RC screen and controls working properly.
I never got the warning to update the FW so I tried to power off AC as normal and it would not shut off!

So I guess I made a fatal error by removing battery when it was still powered up. I tried everything to power the AC off before finally just removing the battery.

RC is/was totally normal but now quad is dead. Non responsive with any battery.

I tried several of my 5 batteries and the quad would never power back on.
When holding power button on battery (installed in quad-correctly) it would eventually just start flashing. All bars illuminated as I charged all of my batteries up thinking I was going to have a nice afternoon of flying.

Any master reset for the quad or will it be making a trip back to DJI service?

Up until now everything has been working perfectly. No sensor errors, flying perfectly, flawless in every way.

Thanks for the help in advance!

After not flying my P4P+ for a few weeks and reading about the new FW update I decided to update then fly.
I only have a few flights on it and never crashed.
I powered up RC then powered up aircraft and all looked ok. Image on RC screen and controls working properly.
I never got the warning to update the FW so I tried to power off AC as normal and it would not shut off!

So I guess I made a fatal error by removing battery when it was still powered up. I tried everything to power the AC off before finally just removing the battery.

RC is/was totally normal but now quad is dead. Non responsive with any battery.

I tried several of my 5 batteries and the quad would never power back on.
When holding power button on battery (installed in quad-correctly) it would eventually just start flashing. All bars illuminated as I charged all of my batteries up thinking I was going to have a nice afternoon of flying.

Any master reset for the quad or will it be making a trip back to DJI service?

Up until now everything has been working perfectly. No sensor errors, flying perfectly, flawless in every way.

Thanks for the help in advance!
QuadFly lights flashing or battery lights flashing,,,

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
I'm such an idiot! I fly so many different type quads and only been flying the DJI platform since late Dec 2016 I totally forgot about the double tap to power things off/on. I need to fly this baby more so my old age doesn't kick in and I forget stuff!
:-(
Strange though after I did get everything working and on the main controller screen it checked and I said it had the latest FW. ?
On the page that pops up it said latest FW also.
I think I need a beer and not fly today....
Ug........

Sensors status: IMU/compass all good.
Aircraft flight status all good, but still says latest FW even though it checked version on main screen when DJI app starts on the P4P+ screen.
I know I've not updated the FW since the 2nd update.
We are on #3 right? Since Dec. 2016?

OK, after powering it off/on a couple of times I got the "new FW version available" after the FW check/comparing with server... plugged them together and updating now....
I thought I was going crazy here for a minute!
Thanks for the kick in the head guys for me to remember the steps...
:)

Thanks again guys!
After the FW update finishes I'll just update all the batteries and hopefully be good to go! Hopefully before sunset since I've not purchased the strobon flashing beacons for the bird yet. Carolina Dronz is out of stock.. have to look around or order from EU.

Have a good weekend and Happy Easter Sunday.

I'm such an idiot! I fly so many different type quads and only been flying the DJI platform since late Dec 2016 I totally forgot about the double tap to power things off/on. I need to fly this baby more so my old age doesn't kick in and I forget stuff!
:-(
Strange though after I did get everything working and on the main controller screen it checked and I said it had the latest FW. ?
On the page that pops up it said latest FW also.
I think I need a beer and not fly today....
Ug........
Thanks again guys!
After the FW update finishes I'll just update all the batteries and hopefully be good to go! Hopefully before sunset since I've not purchased the strobon flashing beacons for the bird yet. Carolina Dronz is out of stock.. have to look around or order from EU.

Have a good weekend and Happy Easter Sunday.
Yip same good to hear it alive:):)take care

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Yip same good to hear it alive:):)take care
Thanks!
Me too!
I don't have that many flights or hours on this DJI P4P+ and I would have got that sinking feeling in my gut if I'd had to send her in! I lucked out and got a good one way back in late Dec and have heard so many people having issues with theirs and not even getting their original one back.... I would have been really bummed if I'd had to send it back...
Just updated all 5 of my batteries, quad is all good-update went fine! Last time with the RC update I ended up putting the file on the micro SD card and updating that way since it was a large file.
Now I can relax!
Hopefully it won't be too windy tomorrow!
I've got too many toys that require attention to details and FW updates! I recently purchased the Waylens Horizon dash cam w/GPS and gauges overlay that has a Bluetooth connection to your OBDII port so it overlays all your info on the video (like a performance data recorder (like the one GM has for an option in the new C7 Corvettes) so I had to do a FW update on that too!

Have a good one ianzone and thanks for the kind words!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl