p4p vs p4p2.0 48/60fps image quality

Reaction score
I've been testing the various 4k settings on the p4p, and it's clear that the slow motion framerates 48/60 are a significant step down in quality, and likely use line skipping or pixel binning.

Has anyone compare the 4k high framerates of the p4p 2.0 to see if they improved over the p4p?

I've been testing the various 4k settings on the p4p, and it's clear that the slow motion framerates 48/60 are a significant step down in quality, and likely use line skipping or pixel binning.

Has anyone compare the 4k high framerates of the p4p 2.0 to see if they improved over the p4p?
There is no drop in 4K quality in 48 or 60 FPS on the p4p version 1. The processor is very powerful and designed for this purpose. There is however a difference when using 120 FPS. The algorithm uses a form of line skipping combined with oversampling that attempts to smooth out the massive data load and this is in 1080! DJI and Sony have done a brilliant job with the 4K video but haven’t attended to the need for higher frame rates. If you’re getting poorer quality at 48/60 there is something else wrong. Most probably your SS card. Check it’s specs to ensure that it can write over 100 megs per second.

There is no drop in 4K quality in 48 or 60 FPS on the p4p version 1. The processor is very powerful and designed for this purpose. There is however a difference when using 120 FPS. The algorithm uses a form of line skipping combined with oversampling that attempts to smooth out the massive data load and this is in 1080! DJI and Sony have done a brilliant job with the 4K video but haven’t attended to the need for higher frame rates. If you’re getting poorer quality at 48/60 there is something else wrong. Most probably your SS card. Check it’s specs to ensure that it can write over 100 megs per second.
Er.... that is your sd card, not ss card....

I would agree with RFP. I have a SanDisk Extreme PLUS specifically designed for 4K and drones. I can record anything and not have any problems in the footage. The only reason frames would drop is because your SD card can not write the file fast enough that is has to skip some.

It is obvious you have little experience shooting at this frame rates with the p4p. The degradation in quality is very noticible. And NO it has nothing to do with the card speed. Shoot and compare, specially where fine textures appear like terrain. You will see how awful 4K 60 is on this bird

It is obvious you have little experience shooting at this frame rates with the p4p. The degradation in quality is very noticible. And NO it has nothing to do with the card speed. Shoot and compare, specially where fine textures appear like terrain. You will see how awful 4K 60 is on this bird
I have shot hundreds of hours in 4K 60fps and I can tell you that it is as good as 30fps with incredible detail in all situations and my clients love it!. The Sony processor is designed specifically to run at 4K 60fps and it's been one of the real successes in the photographic industry. You wouldn't believe how many video camera manufacturers use this processor for their high end cameras as well as SLRs. I don't know what you are experiencing but I repeat, the issue is generally the SD cards ability (or inability) to write 100megs per second. Many of the so called high end cards state that they can write at this speed but in fact they degrade at about 80 megs. I suggest you use Sandisk Extreme V30 X1 U rated 3. If you are already, then I suggest it's a problem with your bird!

I have shot hundreds of hours in 4K 60fps and I can tell you that it is as good as 30fps with incredible detail in all situations and my clients love it!. The Sony processor is designed specifically to run at 4K 60fps and it's been one of the real successes in the photographic industry. You wouldn't believe how many video camera manufacturers use this processor for their high end cameras as well as SLRs. I don't know what you are experiencing but I repeat, the issue is generally the SD cards ability (or inability) to write 100megs per second. Many of the so called high end cards state that they can write at this speed but in fact they degrade at about 80 megs. I suggest you use Sandisk Extreme V30 X1 U rated 3. If you are already, then I suggest it's a problem with your bird!
Maybe it is you that got lucky and got a prototype that shoots 4k 60fps without ality loss. I am sorry but this has been discussed before.Look at the forum and you will understand why this happens.... 100 Mbps goes only so far......Max quality of P4P is 4k 30fps.

We have noticed occasional frame drops with the best SD cards when recording 4096X2160 @ 60FPS. However when recording 3840X2160, perfect video, no frame drops, excellent quality. This anomaly has been reproduced in several P4PV1 craft. Hence we only record 3840X2160@60FPS as default.

Are all folks here all referring to P4P v1?

I've determined in testing that there's line skipping occurring with any framerates above 30, which affects horizontal resolving power, which explains why i'm seeing a odd variation of things that look good and no so good. it also seems that the higher framerate codec loses detail in the shadows and lower contrast areas more quickly.

Around the web i see some good looking 60p shots, but as well some that look lacking, like i'm experiencing. The primary question is whether the v2.0 uses line skipping as well, or has a differently tuned encoder.

Compare the lines above number 14

Attachments

• p4p static framerate test.png
    p4p static framerate test.png
    9 MB · Views: 283

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik