P4P v2: DJI to restart production (limited)

Reaction score
I've read a news blurb stating that DJI is announcing that they will fire up the assembly line and (re)produce, for a limited time, the Phantom 4 Pro v2 near the end of summer? Can anyone corroborate this rumor?

Reactions: Dennis Frantz
I've read a news blurb stating that DJI is announcing that they will fire up the assembly line and (re)produce, for a limited time, the Phantom 4 Pro v2 near the end of summer? Can anyone corroborate this rumor?
I certainly hope so. I can’t image why DJI would stop production of their best product. They have been silent for many months on this subject. I can’t even get a new Phantom 4 battery. I just had one of my 4 Phantom 4s repaired and in my review of their service, I asked them to resume production. If we all ask, maybe it will have a positive effect. If they don’t resume production, it will be very sad.

Reactions: Basspig
I've read the news also. It's great news I think! The P4 is great so I hope to see those birds flying a lot!

For anyone who hasn't seen the article referred to, here's what started it:
And here's what's shown up since: DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 production rumored to restart - DroneDJ

Note there's no mention of any confirmation from any DJI sources.
Does it make sense that DJI would restart production just because one website suggested they do?
Or that they would only do it for a short time?
The P4 pro is a great camera drone, but by the time DJI start selling them again (if they do), it will be a 3-year old machine.
It's a shame that there's been no further development of the Phantom line, particularly the interchangeable lens camera we know DJI made.
Is DJI really going to re-release a 3-year old drone?

Reactions: msinger
Maybe if they do re-release them, they will be working models, that don't have directional issues, as inability to hover without yawing, and flying in a straight line.

Paul C

For anyone who hasn't seen the article referred to, here's what started it:
And here's what's shown up since: DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 production rumored to restart - DroneDJ

Note there's no mention of any confirmation from any DJI sources.
Does it make sense that DJI would restart production just because one website suggested they do?
Or that they would only do it for a short time?
The P4 pro is a great camera drone, but by the time DJI start selling them again (if they do), it will be a 3-year old machine.
It's a shame that there's been no further development of the Phantom line, particularly the interchangeable lens camera we know DJI made.
Is DJI really going to re-release a 3-year old drone?
If they were clever, they would slightly modify the shell, perhaps change to a default silver or gray, change the styrofoam case to vinyl, and call it a Phantom 5. The profit margins might show in the black. Oh wait they already do.

Oh and I nearly forgot, bump the shelf price up 2050 USD. Nice number ...

Reactions: jlrsn
New OEM DJI High Capacity
P4-Intelligent Flight Batteries are still available at Amazon but will cost you $189+. I just recieved a fifth one today for my P4PV2.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_p
New OEM DJI High Capacity
P4-Intelligent Flight Batteries are still available at Amazon but will cost you $189+. I just recieved a fifth one today for my P4PV2.0.
They've been in and out of stock here in the DJI Store for $169 over the past 2 weeks. They're out of stock at the moment though.

It's good to see the price on Amazon is back down closer to the usual price.

Reactions: goinup
I don't know if DJI has resumed production of the Phantom 4 Pro, but after months of showing it out of stock, this morning Best Buy Canada has a listing again for the P4P, with a delivery date as early as July 31st, 2019. Price $1699.97

It does not list it as the V2.0 and you cannot see the color of the logo on top. The props do not look like the ones on the V2.0.

It does not list it as the V2.0 and you cannot see the color of the logo on top. The props do not look like the ones on the V2.0.
Right -- it's definitely not a V2.

I can only find DroneDJ telling themselves this would be a good idea and somehow deciding that it's going to happen.
There's no other source to corroborate the story and giving notice months ahead of release just doesn't sound like something DJI would do.

Reactions: msinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20