P4P+ V2.0 says to update firmware even after latest update is installed

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just received my P4P+ V2.0 today. I'm just doing the obligatory firmware updates etc before I fly tomorrow.

I have the one with the built in controller and have updated the software to the latest version v01.00.01.00 as indicated by the prompt.

However after updating the controller, the system it tells me that Firmware v01.00.01.00 is available for update when ive already just updated it. Should this message say system is up to date like any other android device once you have the latest software.

I've updated it twice now and the message still comes up. How do I know if its installed?

Anyway looking forward to testing it tomorrow...

TIA

I had this same issue....finally went away after installing a couple of times...thinking I was nuts...

I always seem to get this also, both with Mavic and P4. I usually go ahead and reupdate as I am never sure if it's the drone firmware or just a no fly update, which I believe has to be pretty current.

But always, if you update the firmware from Assistant 2 or Assistant 2 for Phantom and are successful, then reconnect to djigo4, it will almost always tell you to upgrade again. Strange that the assistant software seems to not leave a key for djigo4 that the firmware was updated. Or even stranger is that Assistant 2 upgrades firmware and you get confirmation, but then djigo4 can't seem to see it.

I have slowed way down on upgrading firmware on any DJI especially if the drone is working OK currently.

I have not yet installed the firmware on my VR 2.0 P4 as I don't have compass errors and it seems that the new firmware did not fix the "yaw in hover" issue anyway.

For one thing is for sure, if a firmware update screws up your drone, DJI is worthless on any help on fixing the issue. And on the Vr 2.0 you can't go back down to the previous version as the previous version is the base. Again strange policy that the base firmware is not seen by DJI as a firmware you can recover to. Only they can put it back on.

At least from my experience with Spark, Mavic and Phantom.

Paul C

I always seem to get this also, both with Mavic and P4. I usually go ahead and reupdate as I am never sure if it's the drone firmware or just a no fly update, which I believe has to be pretty current.

But always, if you update the firmware from Assistant 2 or Assistant 2 for Phantom and are successful, then reconnect to djigo4, it will almost always tell you to upgrade again. Strange that the assistant software seems to not leave a key for djigo4 that the firmware was updated. Or even stranger is that Assistant 2 upgrades firmware and you get confirmation, but then djigo4 can't seem to see it.

I have slowed way down on upgrading firmware on any DJI especially if the drone is working OK currently.

I have not yet installed the firmware on my VR 2.0 P4 as I don't have compass errors and it seems that the new firmware did not fix the "yaw in hover" issue anyway.

For one thing is for sure, if a firmware update screws up your drone, DJI is worthless on any help on fixing the issue. And on the Vr 2.0 you can't go back down to the previous version as the previous version is the base. Again strange policy that the base firmware is not seen by DJI as a firmware you can recover to. Only they can put it back on.

At least from my experience with Spark, Mavic and Phantom.

Paul C
Thanks for the reply. Regarding the yaw in hover, is this a problem across the 2.0 series. Sounds a little frightening. Do I need to be cautious when flying. I take it DJI is working on a firmware to fix it.

Many owners of the P4 Vr 2.0 have reported an issue with the drone yawing when hovering.

My P4 Vr 2.0 seems to do it about 1/2 the time. When I fly forward for a bit, then hover, the drone will slightly yaw, usually to the right. The fix for this for me is to keep a bit of pressure on the left stick which seems to keep the problem from happening. When panning, after you stop the pan, it's common for the drone to continue the pan in the same direction for a bit. This is not as bad a problem for me, as it can be easily edited out. But the previous issue is a bit of a problem.

I prefer to use the screen for take off, just works for me, so on take off the Vr 2.0 has taken off, and moved pretty hard to the left about 2 to 3 feet then hovered. No screen errors. This does concern me as I take of in tight spots at times and thus I have to really be careful that the drone will not fly into a nearby tree. Flying in the field from bluffs.

No issues when landing, all controls seem to work fine.

I have owned 2 P4 Vr 2.0. The first one gave the false compass errors (needing compass calibration when compass was fine), but the controller locked up on the 3rd flight so I sent it back prior to the new firmware being release (there is a fix for compass issues).

My replacement so far does not give the compass errors, only seems to have the yaw issues. Several folks have updated to the new firmware and still have the issues so as for now, I have not updated since the drone is flying without any other issues and the yaw issue I can control.

Paul C

Many owners of the P4 Vr 2.0 have reported an issue with the drone yawing when hovering.

My P4 Vr 2.0 seems to do it about 1/2 the time. When I fly forward for a bit, then hover, the drone will slightly yaw, usually to the right. The fix for this for me is to keep a bit of pressure on the left stick which seems to keep the problem from happening. When panning, after you stop the pan, it's common for the drone to continue the pan in the same direction for a bit. This is not as bad a problem for me, as it can be easily edited out. But the previous issue is a bit of a problem.

I prefer to use the screen for take off, just works for me, so on take off the Vr 2.0 has taken off, and moved pretty hard to the left about 2 to 3 feet then hovered. No screen errors. This does concern me as I take of in tight spots at times and thus I have to really be careful that the drone will not fly into a nearby tree. Flying in the field from bluffs.

No issues when landing, all controls seem to work fine.

I have owned 2 P4 Vr 2.0. The first one gave the false compass errors (needing compass calibration when compass was fine), but the controller locked up on the 3rd flight so I sent it back prior to the new firmware being release (there is a fix for compass issues).

My replacement so far does not give the compass errors, only seems to have the yaw issues. Several folks have updated to the new firmware and still have the issues so as for now, I have not updated since the drone is flying without any other issues and the yaw issue I can control.

Paul C

Thanks Paul,

I took it for a test flight today was just overcome (with joy) by the sheer presence and noise of this thing. Its quite a formidable sight.

Coming from a Parrot Mambo FPV I was just speechless. It was just so smooth and stable. They say the new props are 60% quieter than the old one, geez I wouldn't want to know how loud the old props were :)

I got a warning to calibrate the compass prior to the maiden flight, but no other messages came up after doing that.

I did try to look for the yaw in hover, didn't seem to see it... probably was just too exited. It did wobble a little when decending with stick all they way down. I will look at it in more detail as I gain some experience and flight time. Ill lookout for the panning issue as well.

Flying is one thing, learning the camera controls is another.

I hope that its just a software issue and not a hardware one, its a bummer to shell that kind of money for the drone to have such glitches.

Happy Flying

Yes, it's loud, sadly. The standard P4 has more of a noticeable whine, whereas the Vr 2.0 is lower but still generates enough noise to be heard even at 400 feet, unless the wind is blowing hard enough to help carry the noise. I have watched enough videos where the Standard P4 Pro and Vr 2.0 are compared and there does seem to be about a 3db difference, which on paper is considerable, but I just don't hear it, like I do the difference in Mavic PP and Spark or Mavic Air.

As a photographer foremost, I still fly the Phantom due to the sensor @ 20MP it's still the best thing out there unless one wants to spend the 7K to get into an Inspire 2. However that drone is just too large to carry for me. The P4 is enough of a challenge.

I still fly my Mavic PP, and always wonder at just how quiet it is especially after a session with the P4s.

If DJI ever figures out how to get a 1" or just 20MP into the Mavic platform, I am done with the P4's. It's really a great design (still can't see how Autel got away with the Evo with no lawsuit) compact, great battery life, so so video (I still get better overall results with my Spark hate to say it). But good camera when used in the ranges it can handle, and it's still the only drone to allow a landscape orientation of the sensor, a huge benefit for the panos I take.

BTW the wobble on descending I believe is normal, all my drones do it, it's the props biting into the air as it comes down and slowing the descent down will help.

Paul C

It's probably wanting you to update because the newest firmware that came out a few weeks ago is 1.500.....0.100 is the older one that came with the (v2).... and I definitely have the problem where flying straight it looks like it's yawing to the left a little bit. kind of sucks but doesn't fly straight until about half the battery is gone (maybe components need to warm (imu)?).... definitely have to compensate with both sticks I don't remember this happening with my original P4P v1
.....need a fw update to fix this ... A $1,500 drone Should fly straight when applying full forward ...not look like it's going to the left or right after flying for a few hundred feet. I have done all the calibrations. my IMU values are very low and vision / Compass was done when I first got it and then I did it once recently... values are all good. Has to be software-related now that I I've looked into it and researched it I know a few other guys with the V2 that are having the same problem.

It's probably wanting you to update because the newest firmware that came out a few weeks ago is 1.500.....0.100 is the older one that came with the (v2).... and I definitely have the problem where flying straight it looks like it's yawing to the left a little bit. kind of sucks but doesn't fly straight until about half the battery is gone (maybe components need to warm (imu)?).... definitely have to compensate with both sticks I don't remember this happening with my original P4P v1
.....need a fw update to fix this ... A $1,500 drone Should fly straight when applying full forward ...not look like it's going to the left or right after flying for a few hundred feet. I have done all the calibrations. my IMU values are very low and vision / Compass was done when I first got it and then I did it once recently... values are all good. Has to be software-related now that I I've looked into it and researched it I know a few other guys with the V2 that are having the same problem.
Thanks Gambino,

Strange thing is that ive updated to 0.100 about 5 times. It goes through the installation process as per normal. When i boot up and check updates, it asks if i want to install 0.100... beats me... i dont have any issues so far in terms of the android system.

Perhaps i need to update via the dji assistant 2 ?

The dji go app does all the firmware checks and tells me im up to date...

As for the yaw in hover, i haven't seen this issue. I took it for a good 23 min flight yesterday specifically looking for this but couldn't see it in either normal or tripod mode.

I also looked out for the panning issues as Paul mentioned and couldn't see it as well.

I wont call victory untill a few nore flights.

Ive seen some of your vids on youtube, nice work :). I like the red hawk shot.

Cheers

Reactions: $gambino$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20