P4 Firmware P4P v. 1 total firmware wipe?

Reaction score
This may be a bit taboo but I’ll just say that I flashed my p4p with an “aftermarket” patch with an undesirable side effect. This isn’t one of those mixed firmware mods, it’s an actual patch for the latest firmware. Long story short, reflashing the p4p with stock firmware using assistant 2 works but it still doesn’t remove part of the old aftermarket patch. Is there a way to completely and totally wipe all firmware and reload current stock firmware without having to send the bird to dji? I should say, an idiot proof way? Can’t write code unfortunately.

Speaking of firmware , is there anyone in ft myers Florida that can help me update my firmware on P3P

reflashing the p4p with stock firmware using assistant 2 works but it still doesn’t remove part of the old aftermarket patch.

1. are you sure? why you think that?

2. FW update will normally replace software in all modules in which the current version is lower than given one. On models with SD-card update, you can modify that behavior by creating a file which serves as a flag to get update into debug mode. For update through USB connection to another host (whether it's mobile or PC), the application which does update would have to be persuaded to send the update request to all modules regardless of their current version.

Is there a way to completely and totally wipe all firmware and reload current stock firmware without having to send the bird to dji?
No. Actually, DJI service technicians doesn't seem to have more knowledge than we do. They just replace boards.
(though we can deduce there's a second line of technicians which do board repairs, but they never fix boards while a customer is waiting; board are replaced and then the old ones are being fixed in a separate process).

1. I think that because part of the original “patch” was to allow for use of the new Galileo satellites. Essentially doubled the number of available satellites shown. After reflashing with stock firmware, the Galileo satellites still show up in the satellite count. Talked to the developer and it’s a known issue. Only way to fix it is to turn off the Galileo satellite function in a line of code. It requires writing another patch, understanding code and so on. Totally and completely out of my technical understanding or capability.

2. Again, beyond my understanding.

I’ve attached a pic just for the fun of it. Notice the solid 28 satellites. Flying in gps mode and bam, no gps. No comments on my altitude please. I know, shame on me. Anyway, Super Patcher 2.0 is a god send to most but to a handful of P4P guys (including me), it’s a game ender. No idea why but the developer did suspect DJI May have used different gps modules for some birds. I can see how that could be possible....
A931FEFD-3E0B-4B87-A8CC-B7E8680E5523.png

Interesting. Though this makes me also suspicious.. it the GPS (GNSS if we use proper naming) chip able to report position with the same speed when having so many satellites? Usually by having more satellites you improve accuracy, but also increase the time required to process everything. Not to mention different standards mean additional processing.

Anyway, I'm more into Ph3 so not sure if there's a known way for forced FW flash on Ph4. There is for Ph3.

Familiar with DankDroneDownloader by any chance? That might force a firmware update (or rollback) but I’m wary.

Familiar with DankDroneDownloader by any chance?

I use it occasionally, if I want to look at new firmware.

I't just a downloader. It downloads firmwares. It is a bit unusual that a windows binary is used for downloading instead of just a web page, so I'm always careful when using it.

I use it occasionally, if I want to look at new firmware.

I't just a downloader. It downloads firmwares. It is a bit unusual that a windows binary is used for downloading instead of just a web page, so I'm always careful when using it.
But I can use DDD to download older firmware, correct? Then use DUMLdore to flash to the bird? Also considering purchasing NLD to mess with firmware as well (which is what I should have done in the first place). Tough lesson.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31