P4P shuddered when flown using Autopilot

Reaction score
I've flown my P3A more than 30 times using Autopilot. But today, when I tried to fly my P4P using Autopilot, in Waypoint mode, it shuddered like mad. After landing it (with difficulty) I flew the P4P with no problem using DJI GO 4 and Litchi. Actually I also tried Autopilot for a second time, but the P4P shuddered again! Have any of you had this problem? What should I do about this?

By the way, here's a video I took the other day.

Are you using the latest P4P firmware and were you flying using a computer flight mode. If so, Autopilot recommends not doing so due to erratic flight behaviour.
Apparently if you roll back to the P4P previous firmware version then it will be fine.

Autopilot - Hangar

Yes and yes. That's a bad recommendation in the sense that for software with a name like Autopilot to claim to support the P4P, computer flight modes should be allowed!

Are you using the latest P4P firmware and were you flying using a computer flight mode. If so, Autopilot recommends not doing so due to erratic flight behaviour.
Apparently if you roll back to the P4P previous firmware version then it will be fine.

Autopilot - Hangar

DJI recently stated that the recent firmware updates do not allow for the option to downgrade due to regulatory issues related to certain features that were included in the update. Given this fact, combined with the lack of a timeline, the only option would be to acquire a supported aircraft type (Phantom 3 Standard, Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, the Phantom 4 standard, or the Inspire 1) until Autopilot is fully compatible with the affected aircraft types.

Yes and yes. That's a bad recommendation in the sense that for software with a name like Autopilot to claim to support the P4P, computer flight modes should be allowed!

Once the firmware issue is resolved, Computer Flight Controls and Combined Flight Controls will be supported again. However, until it is resolved we do not recommend using Autopilot with aircrafts affected by this issue. DJI has acknowledged the issue but has not given us a timeline for a potential fix. You can follow the issue by clicking the link below to our FAQ.

Issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro, and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot.

Litchi has reported that 'the bug' (whatever it was) has been fixed in the latest DJI firmware release so I imagine that should apply to Autopilot as well (?)

From the Litchi Facebook page: "Good news for Phantom 4 Pro users, the new firmware (v01.03.0509) fixes the bug introduced in the previous firmware version. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with this new firmware."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj