P4P Remote Controller with Built-In Screen ... Crashes when I hit GO FLY

Reaction score
Fresh out of the box ... it crashes in the DJI GO app every time when I hit GO FLY

Controller connects to the Drone without issue

I can fly the drone without having to hit GO FLY

Checked for updates and the system is up to date ... v1.1.1.1

Did not do anything weird to the setup.

Seems like others have had this issue ... any ideas how to solve it?

Reactions: Telrush
It is the controller with the built-in Android tablet. That seems to be the crux of the problem.

Have you used DJI Assistant 2? It will help you get the firmware sorted out, if that is an issue.

The Controller with built-in screen does not connect to DJI Assistant ... I've spoken with a couple of other people and they didn't have luck with it either.

I had this happen to me too. Only once out of a few times. Could it be the order of bootup. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I always boot up the contoller, then the aircraft.

I am having the same issue with the built in Android tablet. I am going to see if I can reinstall the app on it somehow.

Let me know if anyone finds a fix

Mine does not lock up when I hit "go fly" but when I'm in some setup menus it has locked up. I'm just afraid it will lock up if I made camera adjustments during flight.

This is what DJI support replied to me, not very clear or reassuring on the outcome...

Gretchen (DJI)

Dec 29, 01:52 HKT

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are grateful receiving your concern. Could you give a try to reboot everything the power it on.
Refresh the DJI Go App by connecting the Remote Controller on the DJI Assistant on your computer.

Return-to-Home will function as long as its properly set up. When the connection is break or loose between the Aircraft and Remote Controller it has a three seconds allotted time to reconnect again.

Thank you for cooperation and I hope I was able to cover your concern.
Best Regards,

Gretchen

DJI NA TECHNICAL SUPPORT

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Online Support: DJI Support - Here for You

1e3a6163e3198540c63808591e396c1e

David

Dec 24, 09:57 HKT

Products: Phantom 4 Pro

Name: David xxxxx

Email: xxxxxx

Subject: What happends when DJI app lockup/freezes on P4P+ ?

This is regarding my Phantom 4 Pro+ with built in screen on controller. There is no option to restart the app as it launches automatically when the controller is powered up and the screen was frozen and not responding at all.

Yesterday when I was going through some settings on the app it quit responding to touch commands and gave me an error message "unfortunately the DJI app has stopped".
The touch screen would not respond and all I could do it turn off the controller.
The drone was sitting on my kitchen counter top a few feet away and had GPS lock/connected to controller but I didn't have the props on inside the house. I was just setting up some flight/camera options.

This really concerns me as what if the built in app locks up or freezes during flights? I would assume since the bird would lose signal from controller it would initiate a RTH since there would be no controller to drone signal.
Hopefully after I restarted the controller in the even this occurs it would reconnect and I'd regain control of the quad?
Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.
I've been flying other drones for about 18 months but this is my first DJI product so I'm still reading, watching and learning every day.

You will have to select FACTORY RESET in the SETTINGS menu. There could be a setting that is not correct within the Android system.

Excellent. Thank you for the help!
I'm new to DJI but not new to quads/drones. My other quads have not had so many settings and zero sensors so I've learned to fly without relying on any sensors to save me. Nice to have but wouldn't risk a high dollar investment on anything but careful flying!
:)

Hi guys. Just reading over this old thread as I have just purchased a P4P+ and updated firmware in controller & drone before I even flew. Have done a few flights without issue but yesterday while out about 800m away & 100m high my controller screen froze & popped up a message saying not responding. The joysticks were still functioning so after lots of messing around trying to figure out which direction I was flying (as I could hardly see it) I managed to fly it back, but without the controller I couldn’t initiate the landing so it was just sitting 1m off the ground in front of me. I decided to turn the controller off & back on again and luckily drone just hovered there. After the controller powered back on I had all functionality back & was able to land. Is there a way of landing without hitting the land button on the screen? And I’m wondering if the drone was out of sight or in a tricky situation would it be safe to power cycle the controller again or would I just have to wait and hope the low battery auto return initiates?

Is there a way of landing without hitting the land button on the screen?
No.

would it be safe to power cycle the controller again or would I just have to wait and hope the low battery auto return initiates?
If the Remote Controller Signal Lost setting is set to return to home (the default setting), your Phantom will initiate the RTH process after the remote controller signal has been lost for 3 seconds. After power cycling the remote controller, you could cancel the RTH process and take control back.

No.

If the Remote Controller Signal Lost setting is set to return to home (the default setting), your Phantom will initiate the RTH process after the remote controller signal has been lost for 3 seconds. After power cycling the remote controller, you could cancel the RTH process and take control back.
Yeah it didn’t initiate RTH and the joystick functionality was still working so I’m thinking maybe it could still see some form of communication so didn’t return. But had no video or onscreen options even with the drone right next to me it didn’t reconnect until power cycle. So if you were in a precarious spot you’d never get back out without your screen. It is good to know that you can power cycle the remote though with no effect to the hovering drone.

It is good to know that you can power cycle the remote though with no effect to the hovering drone.
When using the default settings, power cycling the remote controller should make the Phantom return home. And if it doesn't have a good GPS connection (and auto switched to ATTI mode), it would auto land at its current location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav