P4P+ recording 4k glitches video feed! (in 1080p no problem)

Here is your answer;
That's mean, supplying an 11 minute video to answer one yes or no question. o_O :p

The answer is yes, 2K is an option. (2K is another name for 2.7K, right?) The video says nothing about whether the screen display problem exists when using 2K with a P4PP. It is a good video, chock full of info, but it's about camera settings, not display issues, and it's about the P4P, not the P4PP. Just sayin'. :)

Should I be worried about purchasing an P4P+ ??
I'd be worried if I was in your shoes, based on the difficulties being reported in this thread. I haven't looked real hard, but I don't think I've seen any high praise for the display screen from anyone who's bought a P4PP.

Reactions: RyanK
Same here. I think this is the problem: P4P+ constantly streams to RC in HD mode. If we shoot @1080p the video chip works once: as soon as we start recording, no overprocessing is required.

But if we shoot 4K, standby streaming is ok while recording requires a double processing by the video chip, both for recording to SD and streaming to ground station.

Correctly, the video processing is set to give priority to a flawless recording, that's why we have glitches, which are bugs.

I think we must wait for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: robstoyle
when I click on the p4p and click

'buy now" it gives you the option to purchase with the screen or without, shipping is 3-5 days after payment confirmation.

Interesting . . . I see it now. I wonder why you cannot find anything about it until you click the "buy now" button? That's very strange.

Interesting . . . I see it now. I wonder why you cannot find anything about it until you click the "buy now" button? That's very strange.
You don't have to click Buy Now on the P4P page to see info about the P4PP. You only have to scroll down the page to "Remote Controller With Built-In Screen". That's the way the site works on a Windows computer, anyway.

that's true if you only want to buy the controller.
The remote control with integrated screen is the one and only difference between the P4P and the P4PP. I guess it just seems logical to me that DJI chose to place the information about that remote control in the same location that has information about both the P4P and the P4PP.

I see that the remote control with built-in screen is now listed as a separately available accessory, although it's listed as being a 3 to 5 week wait. I wonder how long it will be before the plug-in Crystal Sky screens in both sizes will be available, if ever.

The remote control with integrated screen is the one and only difference between the P4P and the P4PP. I guess it just seems logical to me that DJI chose to place the information about that remote control in the same location that has information about both the P4P and the P4PP.

I see that the remote control with built-in screen is now listed as a separately available accessory, although it's listed as being a 3 to 5 week wait. I wonder how long it will be before the plug-in Crystal Sky screens in both sizes will be available, if ever.
yep, i'll be very interested to see the larger version of crystal sky !

That's mean, supplying an 11 minute video to answer one yes or no question. o_O :p

The answer is yes, 2K is an option. (2K is another name for 2.7K, right?) The video says nothing about whether the screen display problem exists when using 2K with a P4PP. It is a good video, chock full of info, but it's about camera settings, not display issues, and it's about the P4P, not the P4PP. Just sayin'. :)

I'd be worried if I was in your shoes, based on the difficulties being reported in this thread. I haven't looked real hard, but I don't think I've seen any high praise for the display screen from anyone who's bought a P4PP.

You are right, I guess I digressed ;-)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT