P4P+ RAW file size

Reaction score
When comparing the size of the same P4P+ image captured as both RAW and JPEG, Windows file Explorer shows the JPG as 4864x3648 (6.99mb) and the RAW as 960x720 (34.1mb). Someone previously queried this on the forum and was told that the RAW dimensions were just the thumbnail size.

When I load the RAW file into Photoshop, it is still 960x720. In comparison, when I look at my DSLR DNG images sitting alongside my P4P+ images, they are exactly the size I would expect. The P4 DNG image appears to be a fraction of the size it should be. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Windows file Explorer shows the JPG as 4864x3648 (6.99mb) and the RAW as 960x720 (34.1mb)
Clearly that can't be correct since 960 x 720 = 0.7MB
When I load the RAW file into Photoshop, it is still 960x720. In comparison, when I look at my DSLR DNG images sitting alongside my P4P+ images, they are exactly the size I would expect. The P4 DNG image appears to be a fraction of the size it should be. Can anyone enlighten me please?
The raw file contains a thumbnail for viewing.
That's what you are seeing the dimensions of.
The actual image in the raw file is much bigger.
Try saving it as a tiff or jpg and see what size the real image really is.

Thanks Meta4. The problem appears to be associated with importing the pics into Lightroom. If I then use those images directly from the location
where I have imported them, (i.e. not exported from LR), I get the thumbnail size. So in Photoshop, and ICE the image size is kept
as the thumbnail size. Now I know I can work around it. Thanks for responding.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik