P4P noise

Reaction score
This is just an observation but the Inspire is dramatically quieter than the P4P. I saw someone flying an Inspire today and was blown away by how quiet it was versus my P4P. You could barely hear it just a hundred feet away. I wish mine was that quiet.

New props for the Malik, 60% quieter, maybe one day the P4P will benefit from the the design?

This is just an observation but the Inspire is dramatically quieter than the P4P. I saw someone flying an Inspire today and was blown away by how quiet it was versus my P4P. You could barely hear it just a hundred feet away. I wish mine was that quiet.
That's because the Inspire props spin at a significantly lower speed (just like the Mavic)
It has larger props and can move enough air to lift the Inspire at lower revs.
The mavic has big props for such a lightweight drone but the Phantom is a heavy lump that can't fit larger props (to run slower) so it isn't going quiet any time soon.

The noise issue with the Phantom was already shown with a fluid motion GIF done by I don't remember who. The props overlap the top of the body so much that the prop wash from all four corners mixes and blows into all other props - creating a mess of disturbance and noisy air. This is why quads like the Mavic and Inspire that have completely separated propulsion units only give clean, moving air noise, while the Phantom series is obnoxiously loud.

Reactions: Techcop50
That's because the Inspire props spin at a significantly lower speed (just like the Mavic)
It has larger props and can move enough air to lift the Inspire at lower revs.
The mavic has big props for such a lightweight drone but the Phantom is a heavy lump that can't fit larger props (to run slower) so it isn't going quiet any time soon.

If I remember correctly, the P4P flies well in Beginners Mode with a reduced motor speed, and is much quieter.

If I remember correctly, the P4P flies well in Beginners Mode with a reduced motor speed, and is much quieter.
P4P is no more quiet than P4 or P3. They all weigh too much for the small 9" prop to keep them up without using a high RPM motor to keep it up. It's a "prop size" to "weight" ratio issue.

If you get a chance to listen to a Yuneec Q500 drone someday, check it out. It's quieter than an Inspire or Mavic, a quiet hush, instead of a bee hive. It has big 11" props that spin much slower. It was specifically designed to be quiet, and it is very quite. However it will only do about 17mph top speed in GPS mode.

Reactions: LuckyJohn

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12