P4P+ is with the fishes!

My drone is lost at sea!
Now left with all the gear...less the drone, it needs to be replaced.
What do you think you would do?
Buy just the drone (no battery or charger or props) for $1,349, or
Buy a P4P without the "P" for around $1,500, or
Sell the remaining parts and call it quits, or...
Any other solution...
Thanks for any help or advice, Keith
If you used it and enjoyed using it while you had it I'd pick up a New one and sell off what you don't need out of whats left from the original but I'd pick up a State Farm policy because as you know $hit happens...

I consider myself a pretty good, experienced flier, but I still hate flying over water. This is why. Every so often I'll risk it and go out over a lake, but I don't hang around too long. I get my shot and hurry back. It's not so much my sense of daring as it is the impact to my bank account. But whatever, if it happened to me, I'd have to get another one. I'm too hooked to just call it quits.

SPLASH vs CRASH:
I prefer water. If it goes down, I pack up and go home. They don't float. Why do I like it? No trees, wires or other obstacles, and after a splash you save time driving to the sUAV Candy store.

Crash in a bean field and you waste time searching for it, diagnosing it, and ordering parts and watching YouTube videos on how to fix it, and then you never trust it 100% again.

I've done both btw.

Reactions: Hounddog
After over a year of successful flying I also lost my P4P in a deep lake in upstate NY. I am totally bummed out but I still have my P4. However I will be looking for another P4P used. So K Henry I know how you feel.Don't give up man .Get another one and move on.

I'd wait to see how the P5 is and I'd guess we should get word of its existence by November time frame. So, I'd hold on and use the P4 until then.

Brian

Thanks, Did want to mention one thing. I don't believe it was the battery. The battery was fully charged and I think I inadvertently had the left stick down while flying sideways to get shoreline shots.Unfortunately I lost contact due to the trees that extend out from a peninsula. Anyway, it's history and time to move on.Thanks everybody for your support. I just recently picked up a new P4P. Hopefully I've learned a valuable but costly lesson.

Dji refresh should replace your drone even if lost at sea. I understand. That is one of the replacement options.

Did u get rid of the batteries less the 1 lost?
Or is this an old dead issue

That bites. I know how u feel, I had mine repaired and should have back beginning of the week

Reactions: K Henry
Hi
Bought another drone, crashed into a crane and sending put for repairs tomorrow (front facing sensor and other).

Do I understand correctly that you lost your first drone in the ocean and then crashed your next one into a crane? If so perhaps a review of your piloting methods are in order. Most pilots have a close call now and then and most will eventually crash, but doing so twice and in relatively quick succession would force me to reevaluate what I'm doing. Crashing gets to be expensive.

I've had one crash that I was fortunate to limp the drone back with only a single damaged prop, but when I looked at what I did I realized I'd rushed the flight because it was getting close to sunset. Rushing things meant I did not look over the area enough before the flight and I had two close calls and an impact with a tree. I try not to rush things anymore.

Brian

Reactions: ravedog
Do I understand correctly that you lost your first drone in the ocean and then crashed your next one into a crane? If so perhaps a review of your piloting methods are in order. Most pilots have a close call now and then and most will eventually crash, but doing so twice and in relatively quick succession would force me to reevaluate what I'm doing. Crashing gets to be expensive.

I've had one crash that I was fortunate to limp the drone back with only a single damaged prop, but when I looked at what I did I realized I'd rushed the flight because it was getting close to sunset. Rushing things meant I did not look over the area enough before the flight and I had two close calls and an impact with a tree. I try not to rush things anymore.

Brian
Hello my well wishing friend!
I do know better, of course! BUT...I am a very nutty guy and there is no way that I can help myself. Doomed... my whole life has been on the edge. After cancer there isn't much that I can do. I drive way too fast, motorcycle (Harley) is gone to my son in law. Skydiving was great, speedboating and scuba diving are all in the past. That's a lot now that I think of it! Anyway I hate it, caused me much pain in life, and lots of money. My poor wife...
I'd love to be more carefull...not going to happen...I just fly less.
Your input is still well taken.
Keith

Reactions: Raptorman0909
I do know better, of course! BUT...I am a very nutty guy and there is no way that I can help myself. Doomed... my whole life has been on the edge. After cancer there isn't much that I can do. I drive way too fast, motorcycle (Harley) is gone to my son in law. Skydiving was great, speedboating and scuba diving are all in the past. That's a lot now that I think of it! Anyway I hate it, caused me much pain in life, and lots of money. My poor wife...
Keith

OK, that made me laugh and I guess I get where you're coming from -- still, $1500 a pop gets pretty pricey. I guess with age I've put my fast driving days behind me though in my youth I was known to raise some...

My first road bike was an Yamaha RD-350 and boy did I run the p!ss out of that thing. Riding home late one night and a wee bit worse for wear I was cruising along about 85mph in a 45mph zone very near the turnoff for my road when I came upon a car in front of me doing the limit. I got real close before I hit the brakes and only then realized it was a cop. By the time he realized someone was behind him I'd stomped down to the limit and the cop, surprised by my presence, swerved a bit in his lane as though he'd just awakened from a nap. I wasn't sure if he'd gotten me for speeding so instead of turning off at my road I continued to follow him and turned off at the next road and looked to see if he'd turn to follow -- he didn't. That RD-350 humiliated more than a few 750's and larger bikes.

Brian

Reactions: K Henry
Keith
As long as you aren’t putting other people or property at risk, have fun!

OK, that made me laugh and I guess I get where you're coming from -- still, $1500 a pop gets pretty pricey. I guess with age I've put my fast driving days behind me though in my youth I was known to raise some...

My first road bike was an Yamaha RD-350 and boy did I run the p!ss out of that thing. Riding home late one night and a wee bit worse for wear I was cruising along about 85mph in a 45mph zone very near the turnoff for my road when I came upon a car in front of me doing the limit. I got real close before I hit the brakes and only then realized it was a cop. By the time he realized someone was behind him I'd stomped down to the limit and the cop, surprised by my presence, swerved a bit in his lane as though he'd just awakened from a nap. I wasn't sure if he'd gotten me for speeding so instead of turning off at my road I continued to follow him and turned off at the next road and looked to see if he'd turn to follow -- he didn't. That Rthoughumiliated more than a few 750's and larger bikes.

Brian
Oh...do we have stories to tell. You have at least 1 guardian angel!
Hard to find listeners. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72