P4P+ is with the fishes!

I would get the Mavic. I **** you not. I have been flying the Mavic a ton lately and like it more than the P4 Pro

Reactions: K Henry
Even if you had batteries, charger, 2 sets of blades, new backpack, camera and lense protector, all other cabels and accessories? And Mavic's video is not 4K@60 fpm! Photography is most important to me, right now.
I do agree that foldability is a big plus, easier to transport, it is much quieter, and less expensive, and a great drone! Perhaps if I flew one for a while.
Oops! ..too late. I just bought a p4p new in open box for $1,199 free ship.
Just having some fun here, so don't take me too seriousely my friend. Arriving Wednesday, the first thing is to look for the corpus delecti in the shallow waters off the beach here in Newport RI. The blades and some of the casing may be salvageable.
So keep on having fun, and never panic! Keith

I think after all this time flying I had a pilot error.After flying just over 3 mi I wanted to get some shore shots on the way back,flying sideways I somehow lost signal.Waited for return but it never happened.Total bummer.Checked the video and it appeared the P4P did a slow decent.Somehow I did not see it happening. I've got to believe it was pilot error.Don't know how I could have done it;but I did.Still got my P4 which is a great craft,but I will get another P4P.

Reactions: Motlock and K Henry
Had to sell my Harley to get this one.
I went too high, figured to use auto pilot to bring it down, but it was taking too long, low battery was screaming at me, and in the glare of the sun (that's what I told her), i must have initiated the ' land now' feature, and the last I saw was a black and white picture of the tops of small waves. That's my story! Flight log may be usefull in getting any compansation.
After over a year of successful flying I also lost my P4P in a deep lake in upstate NY. I am totally bummed out but I still have my P4. However I will be looking for another P4P used. So K Henry I know how you feel.Don't give up man .Get another one and move on.

I'm trying to understand the logic here. Both of you had 6+ months of experience and let your battery run too low and risked not coming back in time?

I'm not trying to bash you guys here. I'm trying to learn. I had my P3P for over 2 years now and still have it. I have 4 batteries and I don't even risk the battery going below 40% before I start to return home. Unless I have it close enough that I know I will be safe.

So is this a case of user error or defect on P4P?
I'm looking to buy one real soon.

Pilot error of course, as he said. It is like running out of fuel with an airplane, not only is it illegal, but it is a serious error!

I'm trying to understand the logic here. Both of you had 6+ months of experience and let your battery run too low and risked not coming back in time?

I'm not trying to bash you guys here. I'm trying to learn. I had my P3P for over 2 years now and still have it. I have 4 batteries and I don't even risk the battery going below 40% before I start to return home. Unless I have it close enough that I know I will be safe.

Some, Maybe most, drone pilots are very dynamic souls! And like race car drivers, sky divers or the like, we tend to push the limit constantly! There is the problem!!! It is, and will be pilot error...every time! Can't be helped. Not a question of IF these things will happen, but WHEN. I, for one, need to start saving for my next drone right away!

My drone is lost at sea!
Now left with all the gear...less the drone, it needs to be replaced.
What do you think you would do?
Buy just the drone (no battery or charger or props) for $1,349, or
Buy a P4P without the "P" for around $1,500, or
Sell the remaining parts and call it quits, or...
Any other solution...
Thanks for any help or advice, Keith

Hey Keith, when you get your next P4P - call State Farm and get insurance.

I pay $5 per month, and if I decide to use my Phantom as a temporary submarine they will buy me a new one.

My drone is lost at sea!
Now left with all the gear...less the drone, it needs to be replaced.
What do you think you would do?
Buy just the drone (no battery or charger or props) for $1,349, or
Buy a P4P without the "P" for around $1,500, or
Sell the remaining parts and call it quits, or...
Any other solution...
Thanks for any help or advice, Keith

The sea draws us all in , knowing that it could be are last flight and yet we fly anyway, this is the adventure.
With that said, the answer is to start again because I have a $30,000 harley and I get more enjoyment at times from flying my drone as i will ride the harley 30 minutes to fly the drone for an hour.
So the price of the drone is somewhat lost in that translations I hope.

So we are working on a product right now called the Inflatable Surge Mask, which will strap on to the bottom of the drone and simply inflate once the drone hits a 90 degree angle.
This will allow for search and rescue of the drone.

Once you decide your going to stay in the hobby , get the best , get the Pro Plus as that controller is more stable than any software running on a phone.
We have never had a single software crash thus far with the Pro Plus controller as its very stable and we are flying everyday testing are products.

Thought you might enjoy this.

Something to keep in mind you can see more details at Phantomrain.org

I’ve been flying since January and find that I push it more than in the beginning. I know how it performs and how much battery I need to get back so I stay in the air longer than I did 9 months ago. I’ll land st between 10-20% sometimes. Maybe it comes from my auto racing background that was mentioned above. Race car drivers tend to push the limit. Go faster and further every time. Either way I don’t want to crash so I respect the limits.

Had to sell my Harley to get this one.
I went too high, figured to use auto pilot to bring it down, but it was taking too long, low battery was screaming at me, and in the glare of the sun (that's what I told her), i must have initiated the ' land now' feature, and the last I saw was a black and white picture of the tops of small waves. That's my story! Flight log may be usefull in getting any compansation.
Just as long as your wife doesn't ask for the flight records!

Hey Keith, when you get your next P4P - call State Farm an
Hey Keith, when you get your next P4P - call State Farm and get insurance.

I pay $5 per month, and if I decide to use my Phantom as a temporary submarine they will buy me a new one.

Do you think it's better then the REFRESH program by DJI?
Meybe my homeowners caries it now, who knows?
But I will be getting something and thanks for the helpful reply.

Lol. Dammit, so am I.

That is probably one of my worst fears. As much as I would try to buy another one, I would definitely have to figure out how to do it without my wife finding out> She wasn't too happy about the purchase as is. If you don't mind me asking, how did it happen?

If you know the answer is going to be no, it is always best to ask forgiveness after the fact, than to be told no, and do it anyway.

This has served me well for 32+ years of marriage.

Most of us have had at least one crash ... often causing the loss of the drone. If your reason for buying the drone in the first place still holds, I'd get another ... BUT this time buy State Farm insurance if you can. You'll have less anxiety.

If you know the answer is going to be no, it is always best to ask forgiveness after the fact, than to be told no, and do it anyway.

This has served me well for 32+ years of marriage.
42 years married, I think...and you are correct. But there are many ways to skin the cat! My mom has recently passed away, 'nuff said there.

I consider myself a pretty good, experienced flier, but I still hate flying over water. This is why. Every so often I'll risk it and go out over a lake, but I don't hang around too long. I get my shot and hurry back. It's not so much my sense of daring as it is the impact to my bank account. But whatever, if it happened to me, I'd have to get another one. I'm too hooked to just call it quits.

Most of us have had at least one crash ... often causing the loss of the drone. If your reason for buying the drone in the first place still holds, I'd get another ... BUT this time buy State Farm insurance if you can. You'll have less anxiety.
I bought a new one immediately. Then called my homeowners, and it's covered, less $250 deductible. Nationwide.

I consider myself a pretty good, experienced flier, but I still hate flying over water. This is why. Every so often I'll risk it and go out over a lake, but I don't hang around too long. I get my shot and hurry back. It's not so much my sense of daring as it is the impact to my bank account. But whatever, if it happened to me, I'd have to get another one. I'm too hooked to just call it quits.
I live on the coast, in fact an island. I'm not afraid of the water at all...no obstructions. As long as all the rules are followed. a lost drone should be covered. The flight records will verify any trouble outside of your control. Pilot error is also covered by some ins. companies, not DJI. Possibly each state is different.
Your assumption that better safe than sorry in intriguing, I wish I were like that too!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures