P4P is STUNNING

Reaction score
Finally I had received my P4P. I opened the box, did flash firmware (AC and RC), and didn't do any IMU or compass calibration because the system didn't ask me to do (as the manual describes).

It's rock solid, hover very very steady, precise obstacle avoiding, and I don't have gimbal horizon problem! Even without a gimbal calibration, I did 3km from home point at 2.4GHz with no lag, no problem at all, never lost signal (VLOS always), and the camera IQ is SUPERB. 4k 30fps h265 it's the glory, impressive quality, 4 times better than my P3A.

I was afraid until test my unit, because I read problems in the forum, but I didn't have one ("high wind speed warning" neither). No gimbal problems, no GPS problems, no weird alerts, works like a charm!!!! I'm very very happy, its a wonderful machine!!

The only bad point is my notebook, she can't handle h265 properly. For now I did transcoding to ProRes, and grab in premiere. I can't believe these people that isn't happy with the camera or the drone. Its absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english and this useless post, I wrote this only to share my happiness with this cool community.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally I had received my P4P. I opened the box, did flash firmware (AC and RC), and didn't do any IMU or compass calibration because the system didn't ask me to do (as the manual describes).

It's rock solid, hover very very steady, precise obstacle avoiding, and I don't have gimbal horizon problem! Even without a gimbal calibration, I did 3km from home point at 2.4GHz with no lag, no problem at all, never lost signal (VLOS always), and the camera IQ is SUPERB. 4k 30fps h265 it's the glory, impressive quality, 4 times better than my P3A.

I was afraid until test my unit, because I read problems in the forum, but I didn't have one ("high wind speed warning" neither). No gimbal problems, no GPS problems, no weird alerts, works like a charm!!!! I'm very very happy, its a wonderful machine!!

The only bad point is my notebook, she can't handle h265 properly. For now I did transcoding to ProRes, and grab in premiere. I can't believe these people that isn't happy with the camera or the drone. Its absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my bad english and this useless post, I wrote this only to share my happiness with this cool community.

Glad you got a good one and everything is working OK!
That is good news for sure!
Congrats on your new bird!
:)

Reactions: ScrooemPhantom
Good to hear..you only ever really hear about when someone has a problem with their bird, or when someone had a negative experience. I too love my P4P, it is a far superior device to the P3A that I had, and even my P4.
I like to hear these kind of stories, as I too have had a very similar experience with my P4P.

Happy flying!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Just finished the first flight with the P4Pro I picked up at the expo.
I D/L the new firmware for both and waited to calibrate....like you it never asked so I took off! Flew outstanding!
I have limited space in the backyard will head out to the flying field tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
I can't believe these people that isn't happy with the camera or the drone. Its absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!
There's nothing you need to apologise for Doc, your English is very good.
And you are right about the P4p and it's camera - it's fabulous.
DJI_0955a-X3.jpg

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Just finished the first flight with the P4Pro I picked up at the expo.
I D/L the new firmware for both and waited to calibrate....like you it never asked so I took off! Flew outstanding!
I have limited space in the backyard will head out to the flying field tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using PhantomPilots mobile app
You picked up a P4P in CES? I live in Argentina but now i'm in Las Vegas to see the expo, tomorrow I'll be back to my country. My P4P was bought in B&H, shipped to my hotel and I picked up in my check in! DJI showed a lot of P4P in CES
There's nothing you need to apologise for Doc, your English is very good.
And you are right about the P4p and it's camera - it's fabulous.
DJI_0955a-X3.jpg
It's an amazing photo!! Congrats!
Glad you're enjoying it but how do you have VLOS at 3km out lol.
I had VLOS up to 350/400 meters, and the rest of the trip with LOS only.

I agree, the P4P is just a fantastic piece of equipment, mine has been faultless and after reading the forums for a few months, I suspect many of the problems with it are from user error and not linked to the drones being faulty themselves.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT