P4P Filters - DJI vs PolarPro

I assume you scratched the original screw on UV filter, not the actual lens?

I don't see a replacement available yet from DJI. You could call them, but I would just get an ND or two since I never fly without one. Maybe you'd want it for night shots it, but even then I doubt a scratch would make much difference if you decide to forego replacing it. If you're careful where you take off and land (or hand launch and catch) you could even just fly without it.

As for cleaning, I use a rocket blower just like with all my other photo gear, or a soft lens cloth or microfiber if it is lint free.
Polar Pro also sells a replacement UV filter for the P4P for I think $29.95 and I'd bet you'd get much sooner then DJI

I'm hoping that means ND8 at the top to ND0 at the middle. After I looked at their P4 Grad filters, I changed my mind and ordered a set of each for myself, just for the grey
You ordered the Freewell filters, right? I got mine, disappointing to say the least. The gray grad isn't what I was hoping for. In the picture I'm holding a PolarPro ND8-PL next to the Freewell ND-Grad. Sure doesn't look like ND8 to me. I tried it once... just once.

I don't think the polarizer has an effect on this picture. I rotated it and didn't notice a change, so I think this is a good representation / comparison of the filters.

Attachments

• IMG_0514.JPG
    IMG_0514.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 304
You ordered the Freewell filters, right? I got mine, disappointing to say the least. The gray grad isn't what I was hoping for. In the picture I'm holding a PolarPro ND8-PL next to the Freewell ND-Grad. Sure doesn't look like ND8 to me. I tried it once... just once.

I don't think the polarizer has an effect on this picture. I rotated it and didn't notice a change, so I think this is a good representation / comparison of the filters.
I did order them. That ND8 claim was plain wrong. I think they are actually ND4, or maybe even ND2. I wish they were ND8 at the top, as I still end up underexposing the whole scene by another .7 stops to keep the sky from blowing out. I leave mine on all the time now. It certainly helps with lens flare, which was my primary issue, and helps with the sky--- just not enough. I found the blue and yellow ones useless, as the color cast is terrible on continuous video. The neutral gray is just that--neutral.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent10

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94