P4P Fell out of sky

Reaction score
(Yeah, one of these threads.) I've been flying for about four months. I was flying today, clear day and calm wind. I sent the P4P straight up to just under 400 feet. Flew it about 100 feet out from me, over a field. Suddenly, GO4 app said the drone was disconnected, and the drone fell out of the sky from 400 feet. No attempt to RTH. Propellers were still going as it hit. I got it home and can still turn it on with the same battery (it connects to GO4, with expected issues).

Nothing unusual on the controller flight log - it shows the drone going out and just ends recording. (I didn't pull the sticks together by accident.) I tried connecting the drone to Assistant 2, but it doesn't find ANY flight logs on the device.

I'm going to send it back to DJI, but since I'm lazy, is this something that's been reported before? The last thing I want is to have this fall out of the sky near a human or animal.

While the props may have been turning, it was not transmitting data and probably not powered up. It looks like a battery disconnect, usually due to the battery not being properly latched. You will need to post the aircraft DAT file to confirm what happened:

How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

Reactions: Cynicor
I attached the P4P and Assistant 2 recognized it, but said there were no logs to upload. I wonder if the internal SD card jarred loose.

Aaaaah, got it thanks. 1.2.0.

So now, I tried to upload the file to DJI and Assistant kept insisting that I enter a valid cell phone number. (It refused to accept mine as valid.) I did download the correct data file, so I ahve it locally.

AND now, I just connected it to try again, but all the files on the drone have apparently been reset to 2018-04-01 instead of 2018-03-31 and earlier.

OK, fixed that too. Need to put a 1 in front of the cell number. Uploading files, and I'll make a DJI Care claim.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl