P4P fell from sky

Reaction score
After 2 months and not believing these just fall from the sky my P4P did just that. Been trying to connect my PC to it but nothing, drone just beeps and the battery has light 1 blinking with 2&3 solid. Any quidance would be greatly appreciated.

20181229_103147.jpg

The answer can't be found without the flight records being down loaded so someone can read them. It is easiest to load them from your mobile.

Thanks SAR,. Took a look and it's completely my fault. I somehow managed to shut the motors down at 121 foot.

Guess I'll pray DJi Refesh handles it.

Appreciate everyone's help.

Follow the instructions in this link. You can upload the file to that website and post a link back, or just post the txt log file here.

TXT logs: DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Reactions: sar104
Thanks SAR,. Took a look and it's completely my fault. I somehow managed to shut the motors down at 121 foot.
Are you sure?
What did you see in the data?
Sounds like the dreaded CSC got you.
Both sticks down and in or out will stop the motors.
Not on a P4 pro like the drone in the OP's photo.
Here's what the manual says.
Note the bottom section.
i-QPpfzMV.jpg

Reactions: droningandmore
That is why I choose (do not stop motors in air )option.I can't ever picture why I would ever want to shut motors off.

That is why I choose (do not stop motors in air )option.I can't ever picture why I would ever want to shut motors off.

It’s an emergency feature there for that possibility you hit someone and are about to get it really stuck in their hair... something like that...

I needed to do it 2x. Catched the drone after s flight on a boats and the drone would not shut off using the conventional combination of sticks... it only shut off with the combination stick and “home button” as described on the pic above.

VERY important to have that combination in mind!

Does anyone know, if in this particular situation the operator realized what he/she had done and was high enough, could the motors be started back up in free fall.

Does anyone know, if in this particular situation the operator realized what he/she had done and was high enough, could the motors be started back up in free fall.
Great question! I am not going to experiment to answer, but will watch in anticipation

Reactions: RodPad
I did a deliberate CSC in mid air with a P3Adv.
Going by the video I saw on the attached phone it fell level in a flat spin ( rather boring actually so the video has been deleted).
Terminal velocity was 15 to 16 m/s.
After going through the dat file it did wobble but obviously within the compensation range of the gimbal.
The motors restarted with out a problem BUT THEY RESTART AT IDLE so I had to power up to halt the fall (that was the 'hairiest' moment).
The restart also reset the home point to the line of fall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl