P4P drop in the dumbest way

Reaction score
Sooo a couple of weeks ago, I was in the process of moving into a temporary apartment and I set my P4P in it's backpack on the hood of my car while I grabbed a few boxes out of the car. As I reached for the second box out of the back of my car, I heard a loud noise by the car and when I looked, the backpack was on the ground. Fearing the worst, I immediatly opened the bag....battery was ejected and the camera lock popped off. I took the drone out to give a look at the body and motors to see if there was any cracks or damage...and with none visable, I sighed with relief. Feeling relieved, I went to secure the drone in the apartment thinking, I dodged a bullet...that is until a little voice in my head said "do a test flight". Nerviously I set the drone up, connected the Ipad to the controller and turned the P4P on, then the controller. 2, single red light (left front and left rear arms)
flashes with a single beep after each flash displayed on the drone and on the monitor, "disconnected" displayed at the top of the Go4 app although the camera view showed a live feed. Guess that bullet got me after all. All I could think was "you big dumby!" (in Fred Samford's voice).

After the move, I took it to a local shop that has guy who does work on DJI drones. He took a look and saw that 3 of the flat cables were ripped, so I had him order a set to fix.

One of the most carless things I've done.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Odd how the camera came off when it was in the backpack or was it a normal backpack where you put books and that in? Sorry to hear that but thankfully it's a cheap repair. In fact the labour charge will costs more then the cable but at least it's a fast and easy fix [emoji4]

No it was in a P3/4 backpack. strapped in. The camera guard (sorry) popped off, the camera appears to be fine. Yea a set of all the flat cables are about $12-$14.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3