P4P: Convert H.265 to Apple ProRes 422 - MAC

Reaction score
I found a nice way and the cheapest to convert the h.265 to ProRes Proxy, Light, 422, 422HQ, 4444 in order to have the best image quality from P4P.
Dowload the iFFmpeg utility from iFFmpeg
There is a free trial, you can buy it just for 18,5 euros!
Follow the installation instructions to install the FFmpeg libraries and presets,
open the utility, import the h.265 file, choose PRORES for output and you have your ProRes file, ready for FCPX. It is much faster than Brosoft or other utilities that are 3 times more expensive.
You can also dowload the free iMediaHUB media inspector to inspect all your media files
iFFmpeg

I include a screen shot from the inspection of a P4P h.265 video file.

If someone has a better and cheapest way to make the convertion for MAC with FCPX, drop it here!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 22.16.28.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 22.16.28.png
    556.9 KB · Views: 992
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 23.05.18.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 23.05.18.png
    288 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
Reactions: Twinnny_twinnn
Take a look at Handbrake, it's an open source app for converting video formats. Supports Windows/Mac/Linux

Does it support ProRes? I did not see that codec
Probably not, ProRes is an Apple codec. You would need to convert it to a more open format like h.264 and then import it into the video editor that you are using on the Mac.

Probably not, ProRes is an Apple codec. You would need to convert it to a more open format like h.264 and then import it into the video editor that you are using on the Mac.
If I converted to H.264 which is inferior codec than H.265, I think I will loose the quality advantage of using h.265.

not a good idea translate an hard compressed format to another hard compressed format

H264 and H265 are formats for delivering - not for editing !!!

I'm user of Brorsoft. So far, the program worked great for me. I had necessity to bring H.265 footage from Phantom 4 Pro into Final Cut Pro. H.265 codec were too heavy into FC timeline.. But with this Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac the situation is solved!! This software is amazing: friendly interface, simplicity, incredible speed and quality a/v convertion!! A great cheap quality soft! I'm really satisfied!!!

There are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.

I'm user of Brorsoft. So far, the program worked great for me. I had necessity to bring H.265 footage from Phantom 4 Pro into Final Cut Pro. H.265 codec were too heavy into FC timeline.. But with this Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac the situation is solved!! This software is amazing: friendly interface, simplicity, incredible speed and quality a/v convertion!! A great cheap quality soft! I'm really satisfied!!!
Much helpful! I solved the issue. Thank you so uch!

I just check it.
It needs installer for MacOs Sierra

You are correct, hopefully the installer releases soon. It's among the easiest-to-use converters for h.265>422 that I've used, and it does batches.

There are many online apps can do the video conversion for you, such as zamzar, Acethinker Video Converter, mediaconverter, etc. They are totally free, and you don't have to download or install anything.
World class spam post right here...

zamzar only lets you convert 50mb for free!
Acethinker wants you to download some "launcher" first"!

So totally free and not having to download anything is just a lie...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl