P4P+ and DJI won’t let me fly.

Reaction score
I’m currently on site and the controller tells me I’m in a no fly zone and I’m locked out. No WiFi, and there’s no reason I shouldn’t be able to fly. I suppose I’m screwed? P4P plus, so no net connection of any kind available.

If the system says you're in a no-fly zone you will need a wifi connection to unlock it. Since you have a Plus controller there is no mobile data connection. However if you have a smartphone you may be able to use its data connection and run a wifi hotspot app so that your Plus controller can connect through it. I have this problem all the time and have learned to unlock restricted zone before leaving home and my wifi connection. Of course that doesn't work if your home is not in the same no-fly zone as where you want to fly. This is a big annoyance from DJI. You can use Advanced Unlocking if you can figure out how, and I haven't.

I just tried the phone hotspot option. It doesn’t seem to have worked. I filled out the info in my phone but even with the hotspot it’s not unlocking the controller. I’m really hating the Pro+ controller. I live in an area that has very few restrictions. I feel totally inept at jumping through these hoops.

Reactions: RW8888
I think I figured out the problem, with some surprisingly quick help from DJI customer service. I had the wrong number for the flight controller serial number. I also tested it using my phone as a hotspot and it appears to work. I do hope they make this easier, even if it does work I have to burn a third of a flight battery before I even get off the ground.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl