P4A "Disconnected" Error Problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 99081
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 99081

I went out to fly my Phantom 4 Advanced in some stunning afternoon light here on Valentia Island, in Kerry, Ireland. Alas, it was not to be.

I got a "Disconnected" message on the Go 4 app, with the grey bar, even though: 1) The Controller was on; 2) The Drone was on; 3) The iPhone 6 was plugged in to the controller.

I switched everything off and back on at least 3 times, and even changed the lead from the phone to the controller and did a hard reset on the phone. Nothing worked.

I did notice that the small light between the Micro SD card port and the other port was red. I took the card and and put it back in and it went green.

I turned everything back on and off again and this time, the app did connect. However, I got a "Vision System" error warning.

One more time switching everything on and off and eventually I got the OK to fly and took it up to try it out. Seems fine, although it was very windy; and the great light had long gone!

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might have been happening?

Usually you can connect even if there is an issue with the SD card or it is missing completely, so I would doubt it was an SD card issue. Did you update your iPhone to 11.2.5? There are issues with that version of iOS right now. Also have you tried a new lightning cable?

Usually you can connect even if there is an issue with the SD card or it is missing completely, so I would doubt it was an SD card issue. Did you update your iPhone to 11.2.5? There are issues with that version of iOS right now. Also have you tried a new lightning cable?

Thanks for your reply. I'm using IOS 11.2.2, so that may not be the issue. I did swop out the lightning cable for another I had in the house, neither of them are new, though, and the one that was connected when the error was resolved actually is frayed close to the connector.

I am brand new, but learning quickly. Seems there is an update issue with the software installation method. If the controller software version does no match the drone version there are disconnect messages in the app. the app can't see the controller and the controller can't see the drone.
I found my new good friend today at the Towson, Maryland Best Buy. (where I bought the drone). He got me fixed today. His name is Justin Buckner.It is of paramount importance to have the drone completely turned off when updating the controller. Evidently the software is written so that the drone always has priority. If the drone is turned on it will not let the software in the controller update.......does not matter if using the go 4 app or the assistant 2 software. update individually then reboot both and re-bind if necessary.Tthey bound automatically for me.

I am brand new, but learning quickly. Seems there is an update issue with the software installation method. If the controller software version does no match the drone version there are disconnect messages in the app. the app can't see the controller and the controller can't see the drone.
I found my new good friend today at the Towson, Maryland Best Buy. (where I bought the drone). He got me fixed today. His name is Justin Buckner.It is of paramount importance to have the drone completely turned off when updating the controller. Evidently the software is written so that the drone always has priority. If the drone is turned on it will not let the software in the controller update.......does not matter if using the go 4 app or the assistant 2 software. update individually then reboot both and re-bind if necessary.Tthey bound automatically for me.

Very helpful, thank you. I did think both the controller and drone software were up to date and matched but I'll double check.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West