P4 vs p4 pro

Reaction score
Is 12 Mp enough for someone to get a start, or would you guys recommend a p4 pro with a 20Mp camera. Is there a big difference in the detail of the video and photo footage?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is 12 Mp enough for someone to get a start, or would you guys recommend a p4 pro with a 20Mp camera. Is there a big difference in the detail of the video and photo footage?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The answer is, it depends. For me as a photographer first and foremost, 20MP is always better than 12MP. Especially when we know the sensor is a proven technology like the Sony Exmor. More pixels mean larger prints and more headroom for cropping.

Reactions: dwfieldjr
Think of it this way...

As your skill increases and your "eye" develops you'll quickly see the limitations of the smaller sensor...soon you'll grow out of the 12 while you would have an opportunity to grow into the 20...

(That's not to mention all the other goodies that come with the updated bird ;-)

On the P4P does the standard controller have the 5.4 gigahertz band or only on the other controller with built in screen ?

It's less about quantity of pixels and more about the quality of pixels. Generally speaking, the larger the sensor, the better the quality...and the P4P has a MUCH larger sensor.

The big camera upgrade is why I'm selling my P4 and buying a P4P.

Just received my P4 today and I'm a beginner @ drones ,I'm thinking about going for the pro what do you think?

Just received my P4 today and I'm a beginner @ drones ,I'm thinking about going for the pro what do you think?
If Photography is your focus then it's a pretty simple decision...I'm trading up because this is primarily a camera platform for me...I already love the way my P4 flies

P4P with the integrated display costs 70% more than a P4.

An improved camera justifies spending almost the double ?

It depends on what you need to do with the drone...

If your drone will be occupying a space next to your unused telescope in the garage after a month or two, "settle" for the P4. If you want a more capable drone, the P4P is a good choice. It has a better camera, more range, more flight modes, more flight time, faster flight using crash avoidance, etc.

For me, the P4P is not enough to upgrade since I'm still happy with its capabilities. It is a very stable camera platform, really good video and images, it has decent range and decent flight time. The loss of my drone or a revolutionary jump with the P5 will make me part ways with my money.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20