P4 unstable after new firmware

Hi,
Is someone experienced shaking, wobbly, unstable behaviour of the drone when hovering or in forward/backward flight?
Ty
Yes. There's a thread on it in the DJI forum site and other posts within this forum. Several people (including myself) have the same issue, even after doing the relevant calibrations.
The drone violently wobbles as if it is trying to compensate for an unpredictable whirlwind. It does this even when there is no wind. It is most noticeable when moving in any direction even when the controls are held in a constant position.
My drone was performing perfectly before this update but it is now pretty much unusable.

Reactions: Darek
I'm having the same problem. My P4 was wobbling even when going at constant speed. I even took measurements and there was no wind at all outside. Recalibrated twice and still wobbled uncontrollably. Before updating, my Phantom 4 was flying perfectly fine. I took my Yuneec drone after that to see how it would compare in the same conditions and I didn't experience that kind of wobbling. There's definitely something wrong with the new firmware. Any suggestions on how to address this to DJI?

Hi are you referring to

2017.07.06Overview• Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106• Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0• DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3• DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

Last edited:
Reactions: THECaptainKirk
Also have this same issue.
Not very comfortable flying it like this.
Any fix to this or do we just have to wait for DJI to release a new firmware?

Same here, I don't like the imu readings, motors sputtering a bit and wobble a bit. Tried several IMU calibrations, used the assistance tool, reset to factory defaults and no real change.

Re:

2017.07.06Overview• Aircraft Firmware: v02.00.0106• Remote Controller Firmware: v1.9.2.0• DJI GO 4 App iOS:V4.1.3• DJI GO 4 App Android:V4.1.2

Fixed mine by downgrading to previous firmware and everything is great again. Someone on the DJI forum had a way to downgrade the aircraft. RC and iOS app are still up to date with no issues.

Hi,
Is someone experienced shaking, wobbly, unstable behaviour of the drone when hovering or in forward/backward flight?
Ty
I had the same problem and finally (after two weeks) downgraded aircraft to v01.02.0602. After downgrade my P4 flies as well as before upgrade.

I'm having the same problem. My P4 was wobbling even when going at constant speed. I even took measurements and there was no wind at all outside. Recalibrated twice and still wobbled uncontrollably. Before updating, my Phantom 4 was flying perfectly fine. I took my Yuneec drone after that to see how it would compare in the same conditions and I didn't experience that kind of wobbling. There's definitely something wrong with the new firmware. Any suggestions on how to address this to DJI?
Dji doesnt care. They have not even acknowledged there is an issue.

Hello cabsandy, i just completed the process and now back to v01.02.0602 just now. The bird cam back and i verified that i am truly at v01.02.0602 via the Go-app 4.

I will take this outside and calibrate IMU and Compass and give it a flight and update you shortly.

Thanks a million and will be back to report success.

Best regards,
Steve

Guys, after downgrading per cabsandy, Procoss and roll back one FW level.

Results: excellent and I noticed the motors sing the familiar tune again!

Thank you cabsandy!

Best regards,
Steve

DJI better stop breaking stuff.

Reactions: Jimmers
Argh! now that link above (for downgrading) yields "Sorry, specified thread does not exist or has been deleted or is being Audit" -- Sure, an audit -- meanwhile I can't my quad back. I'll go Googling for the previous firmware and reload method - unless someone here can point to a new source (thanks).

Reactions: cglessing
I've been having the same issues right after the firmware upgrade. Glad in a way its not my bird. What the he'll is the matter with DJI ? ....why do they not address these issues. These drones are not cheap toys !!! I fear I may need to downgrade my firmware if there is no fix due.

Jason.grubb, i would recommend do this downgrade and follow the procedure.

i did this to two of my P4's and i am VERY happy! But very disappointed with DJI now...

Also, after downgrading, i noticed the VIDEO down link quality was 100% better... Again, update the controller but downgrade the BIRD only.

You will see and hear the motor difference and be happy after this download procedure.

Best regards,
Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl