P4 took a dump 2 inches off the ground on take off..

Hello Everybody!

I'm a new pilot and have done a dozen of flights only yet, on my P 3 standard that doesn't have VPS.
Even though, the described events here occurred to me twice without any damage for what I'm really lucky!
So I'm writing to you guys with some conclusions:
-I was manually taking off in all flights;
-I was doing it gradually, not in full throttle;
-the description of the tipping of the drone matches completely;
-one of the times it hitted the grass and the other I had time to correct it by applying full throttle (was my natural reaction that very luckily went ou well, but seems to be in accordance to the related here!).
-never used but will always use auto take off from now on!
-thanks guys for sharing and for being so good on these analysis, this gave me back confidence in the machine as I was taking those events as a result of the drone being a refurbished one, but it is obviously in perfect condition and the pilot is the one who needs some more hours on the experience meter!

Safe and fun flights folks!!

Happy holidays

One of the “problems” in using 2 very similar programs in any digital device, is that once loaded the program uses drivers and sub routines to run the program etc. However if you then load a second, but similar program the buffers or memory can retain parts of the original program causing glitches or in your case random actions.
I would suggest completely close one program, then reboot and load the similar program this ensures that the running program has a clean install etc.

Pretty new at this myself, I had an incident one day where I was taking off from my front yard. I picked a spot that looked pretty level and went to auto take off. Bird flipped backwards and the props cut a little grass lol I assume that my spot wasn’t as level as I thought it was causing it to rock backwards once the motors fired up. Could it have been something like that? Do the landing pads I see online everywhere help in that aspect at all?

I find that you have to be very careful when lifting off. I have on occasion inadvertently not gone directly forward with the left stick. Any variation left or right will result in a tip over.

Reactions: Nmbr1stunna80

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor