P4 polar pro lights on a P3P?

Reaction score
Looking at the available light sets for the P3 series I am not impressed by the battery clip over the GPS sensor and the wires running by the antennas in the legs.

The P4 lights are much more elegant: Amazon.com : PolarPro DJI Phantom 4 LED Light Bars (Headlights and Taillights) : Camera & Photo

Has anyone tried attaching these to the P3P? I may give it a try, I don't care if I need to tie wrap them on or otherwise modify them. Just curious if anyone has gone here before me and has advice.

Thanks!

I have the P3P lights and have not had any problem. I did use a tie wrap on the light bars to keep them secure and the battery pack does stay secure on it's own. The P4 lights do look better and bet they install on a 3 with little effort but, I only have $10 into what I have now. Open package deal at Best Buy. ;)

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Reactions: redbusdriver
In case anyone is interested, I found a sale on the P4 LED lights and decided to give it a try on my P3P.

I had to cut off the ends as they would not fit on the P3 legs but was able to use tie wraps to mount them. The front one (white) fit best between the motor arms as a lower position would interfere with the gimbal suspension or be in camera view. The rear (red) light fit nicely between the landing gear legs.

No GPS interference and having the rear ones on flashing mode made the drone much more visible and easier to tell direction of flight.

Not bad for $29 and a few tie wraps. Unit comes with a double USB micro to USB cable to charge the batteries.

$30? Ouch. It's a glorified bicycle light that you could have gotten on eBay for $10.00

Reactions: Matts175

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic