P4 - new phone

Reaction score
I've owned a P4 for two years now with little to no significant problems. I have always flown it with the Go app on my iPhone. I am getting a newer iPhone shortly and wonder if I will have any problems. I have not ever updated the app, kept the original loaded version as it worked fine for me. With a new phone, I likely will get the latest version of Go, will it align itself with the bird ok and things be fine or will I need to update anything on the drone itself?

Thanks in advance

I can only comment on my experience over the years with my P4 original. I have always kept the copter, remote, Go4, and Litchi fully up to date, and I’ve never had any issues. Updates often include new functions - like Tripod mode, which is very useful - and although some folks are cautious when it comes to updating - out of fear of some new restriction - I have not found this to be the case.

If DJI or Litchi release an update that is found to have known issues, I have found that they address any issues with another timely update as well.

Reactions: ftttu
so i finally hooked up the new phone to see what, if anything, would be different. there was a couple of messages waiting for me, but I could X them out and seemingly fly. I was indoors with no props so I didn't fly but it all seemed ok, anyone disagree?

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 164
It looks like just some updates if you choose to do them. Safe and happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl