P4 lost in Costa Rican jungle.

Reaction score
IMG-20170205-WA0000.jpg

Fell out of the sky after it lost a propeller. Four rescue squads have attempted retrieving but that hill is hell on earth. I'm already back in the US and droneless (sniffs). Hey! If you live in Jaco and feel like going on a mission let me know!

that sucks dude. I know from experience, on the map its totally findable .. until you get feet on the ground and realize that the sattelite map makes things look tiny. Tree's are huge, and the phantom is tiny! Here's hoping someone finds it!

Didn't even think to look at the camera view. Very true. Still doesn't make sense the path ends over the roof

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Let me clarify since I was actually there. The house is where the path starts. I was flying from the house and the home point must have recorded a little after take off. You are following the path the wrong way. Red arrow is the bird since I had a GPS connection and video feed until the battery died.

Can you share the lat/long of the location? I'd like to look at the crash spot in Google Earth so I can visualize the slope/foliage/terrain.

Looks like it may have crashed into the side of that house?

It's about 260ish feet into the jungle from corner of last building, on a hill, tangled in vines on the ground. Your welcone

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks!

Here's a 3D view from Google Maps that gives a good idea of how rugged that area is. Hold down CTRL + left mouse button and rotate/tilt the view to get a better feel for the terrain.

I think it unlikely anyone will get there to find it, unfortunately :(
So I went in immediately after it fell and it was horrible. You couldn't see the actual ground since it was all old leafs and vines, there were spider webs and big spiders all over, it was steeper the further up I would go, grabbing onto branches half of the time were loose, moving at a crawling rate, while it was super hot and humid. I even lost my sunglasses there! Just bad bad bad.

Please tell me you flew the beach/coast and got some awesome footage... ;)
Here is the video of the crash

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was the first flight there so that is all I got!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31