P4 Image and Video file numbering

Reaction score
Can anyone enlighten me please on how to change image file numbering from 'start over from 001' to 'continue from last file number' after having cleared files and re-formatted the micro-SD card? I vaguely remember seeing a reference to it when I first had the P4 (about six weeks ago) but I can't find it now. Must be buried deep in a menu somewhere. At the moment, I'm having to leave the most recent file on the card to trigger continuous numbering.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony.

I like continue form last file number. I clear my videos off the cards each night and don't have to worry about overwriting something.
I do the same with my DSLRs.

There are slight differences between iOS and Android.. On iOS, tap the icon with the three little sliders below the record button on the right. Once the camera menu pops up, tap the little gear icon (top right).

At the bottom of the next menu that appears, you'll find the File index mode selection at the bottom.

Many pilots are keeping on sdcard the most recent file to maintain continuous numbering. And some prefer to organize storage by date, location etc. then no issue to start at 0001 every time. User choice!

If I remember well, file sequence number if form with 5 digits but only 4 are in use so max 09999. Should be enough? But easy to test if someone experiencing high consumption so wanna try and confirm (DJI might have fixed btw).

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Can you find "File Index Option" in GO app "Other" category. Make sure craft is connected as many option settings are stored in it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31